Forums
Posted By: rocketqueen advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 5:41pm
hoping someone can help us plz

my sister bought a car 2 weeks ago...she paid 900 cash and exchanged her old car for another car...

the first 2 days she noticed problems and phoned the garage up as the temperature gauge was high....
they fitted some thing on it.... within a day or 2 she foned again as car was still not right....kwikfit did something and told her the temperature always rises.....my sister was made to feel like a bimbo...

today she got in car and it overheated.... the head gasket has gone....the fan wouldnt turn on....she foned up garage and the man said ""oooh that does suprise me"...
the car is under warranty for 3 months...but with an excess of £250...
is this right???

surely under the sales of goods act...the car should of been fit for purpose....
plz help ....your advice will be so greatly appreciated
xx
Posted By: poodlepup Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 5:48pm
what does it say on your reciepts about warranty?
Posted By: pablo42 Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 5:53pm
It's generally, let the buyer beware. These guarantees aren't usually worth the paper they're written on
Posted By: poodlepup Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 5:55pm
Trading standards may be able to help you.
aww a huge thanx to everyone who has replied.....my sis has just foned the garage and they are going to honour the full repair....

could the mod plz delete this post....

thanx again

xxx
Posted By: lansyp Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 7:35pm
put the name of the garage on here so we can all aviod it
Posted By: DavidB Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 8:22pm
Sounds good, make sure they do the job OK. Trading Standards advises that you see the old parts before you pay the money as a precaution. smile
Posted By: johncon Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 8:56pm
Originally Posted by lansyp
Why avoid it if they have agreed to make good ?? Yes I do work in the trade but not in car sales. Not all motor traders are cowboys and whoever this is should be given the chance to make good before slagging them off.
oldman noonoo
Posted By: kimpri Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 18th Mar 2011 9:29pm
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
aww a huge thanx to everyone who has replied.....my sis has just foned the garage and they are going to honour the full repair....

could the mod plz delete this post....

thanx again

xxx
notify and request it to be removed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: advice for sister plz on a car she bought - 19th Mar 2011 9:41am
Originally Posted by johncon
Originally Posted by lansyp
Why avoid it if they have agreed to make good ?? Yes I do work in the trade but not in car sales. Not all motor traders are cowboys and whoever this is should be given the chance to make good before slagging them off.
oldman noonoo

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral