Forums
Posted By: mondeo_st_99 astra g window tinting - 16th Mar 2011 8:17pm
Does anyone know where i could get light smoke tint on the front windows of an astra g and dark smoke tint on the rear and back windows? I've tried total tinting in bromborough but they will only do the rear and back windows for £150. They said its illegal to tint the front windows as vauxhalls pretint them so their tint would make it too dark?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: astra g window tinting - 17th Mar 2011 11:01am
Most modern cars are pre tinted and as total tints have said it would be illegal as the front windows have to let through 75% (I think) light... not worth running the risk of a fine. or if you have a bump insurance may pick up on it and use it as an excuse not to pay out... don't give the rozzers a reason to pull you over.

i'm sure a quick search on google will give you the law lowdown.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: astra g window tinting - 17th Mar 2011 11:13am
All my windows are tinted never been pulled. Had the car 2 years now. Im not saying you wont get pulled tho....
Posted By: mondeo_st_99 Re: astra g window tinting - 17th Mar 2011 1:14pm
Its not really a modern car to be honest, its an s reg. I no that on the vectra C that the windows are pretinted as when i had one it was very expensive for the glass due to that fact. The astra's windows don't look pretinted at all though? We've seen other astra mk 4's with all windows tinted on a later year just wondered if anyone knew where i could get it done? Dont fancy doing it myself
© Wirral-Wikiwirral