Forums
Posted By: bazzoh abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 4:20pm
Hello,
ive got a s reg galaxy 2.8 (keeping the economy afloat single handedly!) and its come up with an intermittent ABS warning light! sods law it came on at the MOT place, they failed it and then it went off as soon as i pulled off the premises! does anyone have any ideas?? is it an auto electrics job or mechanics?
thanks!
baz
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 5:04pm
PM me, could be dirt on one of the rings or sensors, i run a garage.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 5:52pm
pm sent!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 6:04pm
replied!
Posted By: SevenBabyBears Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 6:13pm
We have just sold our 2.3 galaxy and on the last mot, it had exactly the same problem. It was a sensor in the end was a quick fix at AJ motors in Tranmere. We would have kept it but for the fuel consumption as it was a fantastic car.
Posted By: bazzoh Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 6:25pm
hope it is a quick fix! need the car lol but your right about the fuel consumption, i was made up to get to 29mpg on the motorway last week! kind of like a rarity for a 2.8!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 7:00pm
Thats not too bad on fuel considdering there is prob alot of drag and weight in the that car. I some how managed to get 36 from my 3.2c class, but that was a very rare day!
Posted By: bazzoh Re: abs help! - 16th Jan 2011 7:17pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Thats not too bad on fuel considdering there is prob alot of drag and weight in the that car. I some how managed to get 36 from my 3.2c class, but that was a very rare day!

there is a hell of a lot of weight when am driving!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral