Forums
Posted By: Nomad A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 6th Jan 2011 8:10pm
Hi folks,

On the A41 near the Port sunlight job centre there is a road sign stating how many accidents this road has had in the last couple of years.

Now the A41 starts in Birkenhead and ends at Kings cross railway station in LONDON, so is the sign referring to the whole stretch? or just the bit in wirral?

Nomad
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 6th Jan 2011 8:45pm
Good point,also how long will they leave it until they update the numbers?
Originally Posted by Nomad
Hi folks,

On the A41 near the Port sunlight job centre there is a road sign stating how many accidents this road has had in the last couple of years.

Now the A41 starts in Birkenhead and ends at Kings cross railway station in LONDON, so is the sign referring to the whole stretch? or just the bit in wirral?

Nomad
Posted By: Nomad Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 6th Jan 2011 9:30pm
On a side note where does the "New Chester road" end?

Posted By: CVCVCV Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 6th Jan 2011 10:13pm
Er, Chester? LOL
Posted By: Nomad Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 6th Jan 2011 10:26pm
Possible, but if you lived in Whitchurch then you could give the same answer
Posted By: Nomad Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 6th Jan 2011 10:31pm
ok it becomes the new chester road at hooton,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A41_road

Should do some research before I post
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 7th Jan 2011 8:37am
im surprised the council didnt waste more money by makeing them elctronic read out so they update them every few days !
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 7th Jan 2011 10:04am
Trying to read bloody road signs can cause accidents, anything that takes your attention away from the job in hand i.e. driving your vehicle safely, is a distraction.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 7th Jan 2011 11:13am
There is one sign the other side of Chester - heading south, that says 4 deaths in 3 years.

Everytime I see that sign, I cant but help think they are pretty good odds.... shifty
Posted By: DavidB Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 7th Jan 2011 12:28pm
I agree, the amount of traffic through there everyday (5,000+ cars?), it confirms we can drive a bit faster than normal down that road, with a <1% chance of being a statistic. laugh

Actually that sign doesn't include those four people that died last year in the Tigra.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: A41 road sign - number of accidents sign - 7th Jan 2011 4:37pm
That's what I mean. When or will they be updated.
My son and his friends are stats on Leasowe Rd.Serious accident only though thank God! That was two years ago and we all know how frequent the accidents are on that road.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral