Forums
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Car Insurance - 22nd Oct 2010 7:20pm
Car Insurance

[Linked Image]

Where do I start

[Linked Image]

Has any 1 had the renewal through yet for you car insurance..

Has any one elses in increased by £200 Gutted

I have been on all Go compare site and there even worse

OMFG

Well not fair I have been driving for 6 years and i have 5 years no claims and i,m 30

My quote for galaxy Was £520 last year

NOW THIS YEAR IS frown

£713

Go compare site are over £900 What is going on i was paying that years ago
I thought Insurance was ment to come down the older and more experience we have

NOT HAPPY Any one else getting RIPPED OFF frown

[Linked Image]

Posted By: daisy_kat Re: Car Insurance - 22nd Oct 2010 8:48pm
yes, I had mine in the other day from direct line. last year i paid £514. this year it is £845.31????? i only have a little peageot 206 that is eigh years old with 3 years no claims, grrrr!!!
Posted By: little_pob Re: Car Insurance - 22nd Oct 2010 9:37pm
Was in the news the other week. It's down to the maximum injury claim going from ~£3m to £15m!

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11516195
Posted By: Rhoobarb Re: Car Insurance - 22nd Oct 2010 10:02pm
It's any excuse with the robbing sods.

I'm quite lucky in that my renewal is pretty much what I paid last year. Still 20 years accident free on a 206 for £638 blows.

The comparison sites all quoted between £70 and over a grand!!!!

The sooner I sell my house the better. Putting my girlfriends address in reduced the best price to just over £300.
Posted By: PoshGirl Re: Car Insurance - 22nd Oct 2010 11:09pm
We renuwed are car insurance last month and it had rocketed up by 300 pound!!! When I rang them and questioned it they said because of all the snow we had inn january and ice it lead to a lot of crashes and a lot of claims! Which is why are insurance has gone up to pay for the claims that have been. Payed out!! Ridiculous!
Posted By: peodude Re: Car Insurance - 23rd Oct 2010 12:45am
Add another complaint to the list, mine doubled, from £500 to £1000. No accidents, claims or points or anything either. 7 years NCB as well. Disgusting. And of course, it being compulsory, means that they can charge what they want, and we will be forced to pay it.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Car Insurance - 23rd Oct 2010 7:40am
I was told it's 'cos of all the fake claims - car full of guys slams on the brakes for no reason and the car behind runs into them... all inside claim for whiplash, lost wages, medical treatment, etc. etc. etc., basically whatever they can get. Whiplash is very difficult for the insurance companies to argue against as it can't be proven that someone does not have whiplash, and there are loads of ambulance-chasing ...-sucking solicitors out there willing to do no payout no fee deals.

Not being racist here, but it is a popular trick with groups of Asian lads. The insurance companies are wising up to it, but in the end we all end up paying for this fraud. That's why your policy premium has shot up.

My insurance renewal with eSure went up about 60 quid, so I shopped around and went with Iggy (swiftcover.com) and saved 150 quid. Mini Cooper, 17 years no claims, 200 quid.

I think those comparison sites - gocompare, comparethemarket, confused.com - are all a big con. They get a cut if you buy your policy through them. Best to sit down with a pot of tea and work systematically through the various sites yourself, buying direct rather than through a brokerage. A pain in the arse but it's only once a year.

Another tip is to sign up with a cashback site, such as quidco - the amount of do$h you get back can be substantial.

Mike

Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Car Insurance - 23rd Oct 2010 8:25am
I want to add about going through the likes of Quidco. The money that the comparison sites would normally get goes back to you instead through these cashback sites.

We got £60 this year for our car insurance. It works out as more than 10% of our premium back for doing the work ourselves instead of getting the comparison sites to do it.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Car Insurance - 23rd Oct 2010 3:45pm
The cashback sies Quote me about 1000 and i get 40 back frown

I have scanned about 6 main insurers all still over my renewal
Tryed LV, Lloyds tsb , swiftcover , sainsbury's ' Churchhill and the list goes on

I might have to stay with Esure But i am going to phone up on Monday and complain to see what they can do and maybe threaten to leave Esure they may nock off 20% still a bit to much tho for it
I Feel like I am paying for nothing Dead money

NOT GOOD frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral