Forums
Posted By: chev_chelios Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 12:15am
Any 1 know were i can get any? Had a bit of a smokin moment in me old mans car.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 12:37am
lol, well i got two 18"/245`s for £90 from the dock rd on sunday smile Bargain laugh
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 12:55am
Weres that on dock rd? I lost half of them near work at manc airport checking out the 500+ bhp m mode lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 1:02am
lol, so i guess your trying to replace them before pop finds out? laugh

Doubt he will have your size as i wanted 4 but he only had 2 left, worth trying though, its by the cafe, just before the bend where the cops hide out to catch unsuspecting speeding motorists smile
If not try tire guys at the back of kelvin rd smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 1:08am
Just the rears. Kelvin rd is that were blacks warehouse was? Im crap at place names. Went to bhead market 2day 1st time since 1994.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 1:49am
Could try Top Gear tyres just triple check the tyre's for size and if they have had repairs.
Posted By: The_Doorman Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 3:16am
Ian Hosie Tyres is a goodin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 7:46am
Ye Top Gear tyres is the place to go..... happy
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 9:17am
What tyres?

is the car still using runflats?

If it is, you cant just replace the rears with regular tyres raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 9:23am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
What tyres?

is the car still using runflats?

If it is, you cant just replace the rears with regular tyres raftl

How come study??

oshocked
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 11:13am
Not on run flats. Found replacements £90 each
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 12:23pm
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Not on run flats. Found replacements £90 each
Where from Ste?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 1:21pm
kwik fit lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 4:30pm
They are run flats, I went to a place in liverpool for a pair of rears when I had an m5 for a couple of weeks. They were only 50 a corner though as they were cast offs from bmw, I'll try to remember the place but it was very near china town if that helps!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 5:00pm
Std they come with Runflats, but people often change them when they wear out due to the cost - if it didnt have RFTs on it, them someone has already swapped them.

You cant mix and match run flats / non run flats as the run flats have stiffer sidewalls it upsets the handling, plus, you dont get a spare on run flats, so if you get a puncture on one of the non runflats you replace them with - your in a bit of a pickle frown
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 5:09pm
Defo not run flats. My mini has run flats coz battery in the boot n no room 4 a spare.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 7:59pm
Stu how do u know if you have run flats?
I have no spare in my car frown
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 8:40pm
How do u know if its running flat? Apart from the warning on the dash.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 10:28pm
Runflats have "Runflat" written on the sidewall smile

....absolute bugger to get them on / off a rim due to the thickness of the sidewall.

If a tyre does go down, it will look a little low. The error on the iDrive comes from the ABS sensors. As the tyre loses pressure, the ECU picks up the size difference between the good tyre and low tyre (low tyre travles more revolutions) and flags up the error smile

...of course the other way of checking is to check the pressure.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 15th Oct 2010 11:18pm
Thanks smile
I will be checking tomorrow.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 16th Oct 2010 1:20am
My fronts will need replacing soon. Bet i get a big bill 4 them? Very low profile runflats
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 24th Oct 2010 12:31am
M cars don't use run flats.

Nor should be you be replacing your old mans tyres with something 'cheap' - not with 500bhp being put onto the tarmac through them.

£90 a corner on the rear of an M5, are you crazy? Are you trying to kill your Dad?

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 24th Oct 2010 2:35am
oshocked
Of all the cheek!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 24th Oct 2010 10:56am
Nowt wrong with new tyres, my old man drives slow anyway so tyres will be fine he doesnt hoof it .
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 24th Oct 2010 11:02am
Does he wanna swap it for My E61 530d then - he'll get better MPG raftl
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 24th Oct 2010 11:15am
Hes trading it in soon for a range rover. Sport i hope lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:23am
Nowt wrong with new tyres, my old man drives slow anyway so tyres will be fine he doesnt hoof it .

That's not an excuse. The tyres are the only things keeping your father in contact with the road.

£90 a corner will not get you tyres that are in any way acceptable for the rear of an M5.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:32am
Originally Posted by Alex85

That's not an excuse. The tyres are the only things keeping your father in contact with the road.

£90 a corner will not get you tyres that are in any way acceptable for the rear of an M5.

Like he said, his dad doesn't drive fast so there's no need for 500bhp tires!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:39am
Originally Posted by Alex85

Firstly not sure about m's using runflats, I remember looking for a spare in the boot and all I could find was a can of really expensive looking pump operated tyre weld, but I managed to get them at 50ish a corner and those little puppies took the car to 170 with no probs...on a number of occations (santa pod of course smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:44am
Sure Sanchez we believe u wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:50am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Sure Sanchez we believe u wink

Cheers ste, I thought for one minute I might have incriminated my self there lol.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 12:07pm
170 u had limiter removed. Heard my dads could do 190. Doubt it tho lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 8:02pm
It was only slightly removed, to 170mph, was so gutted when it just stopped there as it was going up so quickly and could of well easily gone up to the 200mph maker frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:08pm
204mph with the limiter fully removed.

It went a bit quicker than 170 matey wink 175 or 177 on the HUD IIRC... think
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 26th Oct 2010 11:55pm

I was pretty sure it was only 170 chew, whats iirc mean?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 12:54am
Its a mean rear end!

Attached picture 3651239958_2fd04b83c9_z.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 1:11am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
whats iirc mean?

It means 'if I remember correctly' buddy smile

Nice car Ste, nice car oshocked
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 1:12am
whats iirc mean?

cheers ste!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 1:30am
whats iirc mean?

Nice car Ste, nice car oshocked
[Linked Image]
nice dads car. Its awesome just like i saw on top gear at manchester airport. Foot down and relentness speed.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 1:38am
I wouldn't get rid of that for a range rover unless it was a genuine overfinch smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 1:45am
That the 1 with the drinks n gun cabinet? Hes 65. I want him to get a nice 2nd clk or a cheap aston lol
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Cheap tyres for a bmw m5 touring. - 27th Oct 2010 9:08am

I was pretty sure it was only 170 chew, whats iirc mean?

Thinking about it, it was 177 when it hit the brick wall - thought it was going to go all the way to 200 until then - it was still pulling pretty hard omg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral