Forums
got quoted £350 tp fix my central locking on my scenic (only paid a grand for the car...don't want to pay 350 for a new little black box for it).
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: anybody know of a good (cheap) auto electrician? - 16th Sep 2010 12:51am
try car & marine connections, dock rd wallasey.
What's happening (or not happening), have you got an immobiliser, is the remote infra-red or wireless?
it has key operated central locking, when you turn the key only the drivers door opens (not all the doors). i have changed the driver and pasenger front locks (incase a solenoid had gone bad) but no joy. all the doors will lock with the c/l but when you try to open them you get is a clicking sound from the little black box under the fuse box (that controls the imobiliser and the central locking).
try the auto electricians on borrowdale road in moreton they sorted mine out for me.
Try Andy at Lightning Auto Electrics, 27 Wheatlends Business Park CH44 7ER. He's very reasonable and very professional. He recently fitted a towbar for me to my new Citroen C5 and did a cracking job but was nearly £300 less than Windsors quoted when they supplied the new car!

0800-389-8429 or 07970-531001
Replace the little black box on the back of the fuse box, I've gone through two on mine, they seem a little bit finicky.

I've found the Auto-electricians by Green Lane station to be really nice people, they repaired my starter motor in a couple of hours because I needed it done that day.
Originally Posted by DavidB
I've found the Auto-electricians by Green Lane station to be really nice people

withthat
YES THEY ARE
I gave them all my old working starter motors and alternators from my garage about a month ago. laugh
Anyone gor a name or number for these guys? Cant picture where they are.
not in phone book but been there over twenty years we used him a lot worth just calling in there
Thanks
Green Lane Station, it's on the corner by the junction.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral