Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 23rd Aug 2010 8:28am
Got back yesterday evening from a long weekend at Snetterton. I say long, we had all our qualifying / racing on saturday, but at 5pm saturday evening a 24 hour 2CV race started!!! True, they are slow, but slow or not, when they are racing its close and very entertaining to watch, the atmosphere in the pit lane was also something I have never experienced before, dark but floodlit, in t-shirts, and some people are mad busy, some people are sleeping etc - deffinatly an experience!

Anyway, the Teg......

Race 1

Went out on a pretty dry track, though it was still a bit green from some rain the night before. I put the car 19th out of a 30 car grid with a 2.24.430, right behind a pukka Corrado VR6 and next to a slick shod DC5

Since incidents a few races back, we now run rolling starts and this was my first attempt! However, being so far down the field, but the time we where coming out of Russel, it was straight up to race speed and race away! Was not a lot between me and the Class D DC5 (my other class F contenders where about 3-4 secs a lap slower, so I didnt think Id be racing them) He had a slightly better mid corner and exit speed, but I was much much better on the brakes despite my Toyo 888s compaired to his Yoko WTCC Slicks. Had a few laps where we yo-yo'd, and eventually I thought Id have a look going in to the esses! Went to the outside, to try and get the inside for the right hander, but had a huge moment on the dirty side of the track (3:50 in vid 2 omg ), only to gather it all up and get right back on him. Finished a fraction of a second behind him.

Finished 15th overall, 1st in class

Race 1, pt1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjC2UrSUJaA
Race 1, pt2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9RIVqrtxWg

Race 2

I was determind to have a go at the DC5 this race and my chance would probably be sooner rather than later while he was still getting his tyres up to temp!

Too it fairly carefully on the first corner, could have been more aggressive, but with all my other class f members dropping out of the first race, I just needed to finish to get my points, and if I was going to have a go at the DC5 Id do it once everyone had sorted themselves out!

So, nice and gentle round the first corner, keeping the DC5 in sight, only to have a Sierra Saphire blow its motor big time, and leave a massive smoke screen. I think this distracted Lee in the DC5 as I seemed to get a better run out of Seer which saw me draw along side down the revvit straight and outbrake him in to the Esses!
Next lap round I went nearly straight on at Seer due to the Sierra, but Lee saw me go straight on and backed out of it so as not to do the same. This, and 2 fiestas coming together saw a safety car.
Again, I think Lee found it hard to keep the temp in his tyres, and I pulled a few seconds on the first couple of laps after the safety car, and held that through out the rest of the race smile

Finished 10th overall, 1st in class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzN2dkpS3c

Enjoy the vids, Ill get some pics up as soon as I find some smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 24th Aug 2010 4:11pm
Your car isn't in Car Planet Racing in Warrington is it? There was a totally identical one in there.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 24th Aug 2010 5:31pm
raftl No, never even been there, never mind my car....

I doubt anyone other that those involved with "Driveme" would have their sponsor stickers down the side of the car.... think
Posted By: DavidB Re: Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 24th Aug 2010 9:55pm
That's crazy, it was completely identical, I thought it might not be as I thought your car had the mirrors on the stalk, but they're the same as the one's in your pic! I'll try and get a picture of it, just for a laugh. smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 24th Aug 2010 10:47pm
Cool smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 25th Aug 2010 6:05pm
Pics...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And, my "moment" - caught by the photographer!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: Snetterton Classic Thunder Review! - 29th Aug 2010 1:36pm
Yeah stu on lock (well almost lol)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral