Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 2:26pm
Took the wheels off the BMW today to give them a good clean - including the inside of the wheel!

Using a strong valeters acid, with a firm brush, they came up like this!

Before...

[Linked Image]

After...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There is no way soap and water or a jet wash would have done this as there was plenty of ground in brake dust!

If anyone else wants theirs doing, Ill take them off the car, clean them, and refit them for £20 (took me about an hour to do my car) smile
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 2:31pm
What type of acid is it?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 2:36pm
£20? great..

Here's a pic of my vehicle when can you do them? wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 2:37pm
No idea, its just known as "wheel acid"

I had a friend who was a valeter a few years back and its the same as the stuff he used to use. Ive tried allsorts since, including the Autoglym stuff and acid free cleaners, but nothing works as well as this stuff!

I found it after I had trouble getting the wheels clean on the race car - the type of race pad, plus the heat the brakes get to, ment the dust really got baked on to te wheels - this is the only stuff Ive found that really shifts it all smile

Phil - if you can get it down my road, Ill do them raftl
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 2:52pm
Don't think much will stop me... If I bring Alan with his truck will you do buy one get one free?

Wheels look good mate!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 4:30pm
Not much point - the truck is the first thing Hibbert has ever kept spotless in his life wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 6:26pm
raftl

i found the only acid which was this good was the autosmart wheel acid which had a green colour.
Used to foam when sprayed on and boy, if you got it in a cut or on your eyes it hurt a lot.
Had to be mixed with water, also if you breathed the vapour in accidently it would stop your breath.
Dangerous stuff! omg
Posted By: Hoofhearted Re: Clean wheels! - 10th Aug 2010 7:56pm
Try Barbeque cleaner, spray it on leave it for 2 hours wash it off. simples tch
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Clean wheels! - 12th Aug 2010 8:27am
Hey guys,

Ive used ALOT of wheel cleaners in my line of work. We have just started using dodo Juice mellow yellow. Its safe as hell on ALL alloys and chrome and polished! The trouble with acid that its good BUT if it gets under the lacquer even just a bit it WILL start to flake the paint. Mellow is acid BUT its been mixed with natural stuff to eat at the brake dust and other road grime.

1. Wheel off
2. Mellow Yellow
3. Agitate with brush
4. Wash off
5. Auto smart tardis ( takes all tar and brake dust off )
6. Seal with RIMWAX 2 coats
7. Clean alloys and now the rim wax is on it with STOP the build up and stops all dirt/brake dust from "Baking on"

Job done

ANother amazing product that im using is Iron Cut. Very very good on paint work and plastics and ideal on alloys as it takes all the crap out the paint work and dries in little tiny purple dots that you buff off.

Nice MV's BTW smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Clean wheels! - 12th Aug 2010 8:50pm
Brick and mortar cleaner! May dissolve metal though.

I hate the 'behind' part of the wheel! It's FILTHY.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral