Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 9:55am
Anyone know the best place locally to get your air con regassed?
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 10:20am
Dont know what they are like or prices but think Kwik Fit are doing a 'colder or free' promotion at the moment
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 10:48am
£25 at Kwik Fit.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 11:21am
that sounds too good to be true from kwick fit....there has to be a catch some where...
Posted By: TheDr Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 11:43am
I have the air-con done in all our vehicles at Kwik Fit, takes about an hour and if it's not colder, it's free, and yess I have walked away with a few free ones so no catch.

They don't do air-con repairs so if it doesn't work or there is a leak on the vac test then they'll tell you.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 11:51am
cheers doc, is it £25 though?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 12:42pm
Just called the boss (Steve) at Kwik Fit on Woodchurch Road to check.

Yes the colder or free promotion is on.

Standard price for a re-gas is £49

If you have a service at the same time then the re-gas drops to £25

Hope this helps, if you need to know anything else or book it in then their number is 0151 608 4821 (no I don't work there smile )
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 1:22pm
Nice one doc, I think i'll leave their offer alone. Halfords sell the recharge kit for around £20!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 1:27pm
raftl who in their right mind would go to an outfit like kwik fit for a service!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 1:34pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
raftl who in their right mind would go to an outfit like kwik fit for a service!!

Not me thats for sure. They tried to charge my next door neighbour ( a 90 year old oap ) £230.00 for a new back box on his astra. I got one for £25 from unipart and fitted it in 30mins. I decided to go back to quickfit with my neighbour to see why the quote was so high. The answer needles to say was common dribble.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 1:37pm
Their well know for it mate, charging for jobs that dont need doing, massively overcharging on labour and increasing book times, "missing" things out when doing services , simply not doing jobs properly or at all etc...

Unfortunately, they prey on customers who know do not really know about cars etc, and/or do not have the knowledge to check whats been done or have an idea what pricing should be for jobs.

frown
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Air Con recharge? - 2nd Jun 2010 2:51pm
I'll back this up. My wife had a computer error on her Fiesta, they quoted her £800. I got a friend of a friend to look at it and it cost me £30. Complete joke.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral