Forums
Posted By: DavidB Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 4:09pm
[Linked Image]

Will try and update every other day.
smile
Posted By: peodude Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 4:25pm
Or if you want BioDiesel head to the units by Champions at less than £1 a litre
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 6:06pm
which one is shell wirral way ? is that what they call the borough road one ?
Posted By: lansyp Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 6:56pm
we sell lpg at 49p a litre at chestnut roofing may go up soon though
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 7:20pm
No, it's the one next to the place that went of fire last week. Went past Sainsbury's on Woodchurch Road today and it was 117.9, and wirral way is 119.9 (and it was shut), so not sure if these are accurate?!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 7:25pm
shell wirral way is the one near balls road, birkenhead
Posted By: spinking Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 7:34pm
Sainsburys prentons down to 117
Posted By: Nigel Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 7:56pm
Originally Posted by Violet
[Linked Image]

Will try and update every other day.
smile

http://www.petrolprices.com/

I subscribed to this, they will email you updates!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cheapest petrol today - 18th Apr 2010 8:09pm
Actually, I'm not seeing the point now as they're at least three days out of date.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cheapest petrol today - 12th May 2010 6:47pm
1948 prices of petrol

5 shillings is equal to 25p per gallon (still stuck in the past so can't convert to litres)

Attached picture GARAGE PETROL PRICES  1948 [1600x1200].jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Cheapest petrol today - 12th May 2010 7:52pm
Bah, the price of fuel doesnt really matter guys!! laugh
Posted By: rockster Re: Cheapest petrol today - 13th May 2010 9:38pm
117.9 at Shell Cammel Lairds the past two days now.
Us motorists dont know when we've got it good do we!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cheapest petrol today - 13th May 2010 10:24pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Bah, the price of fuel doesnt really matter guys!! laugh

withthat

If you can`t afford it, don`t drive, simples!

[Linked Image]

or get yourselves one of these....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cheapest petrol today - 14th May 2010 2:34am
Don't really have a choice of affording it going back and forth to Chester, Harrow and Oxford to earn a living. The thing that annoys me is having to pay too much on fuel tax and fuel duty, when other countries don't have to pay this (even when the 'road tax' is included in the price of fuel). I really can't be arsed arguing this tbh, it's so obvious.

I wish I could be as loaded as some people to not be concerned! liar
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Cheapest petrol today - 14th May 2010 3:15am
Get a dirty oil burner, 40 to the gallon minimum in a decent sized one, upto 70mpg on the motorway... if you still can't afford to run that, then the job isnt economically viable.

I blitz through £80 a week, and not a penny is ever used for work. I have a thirsty car, and enjoy driving it a lot (and enjoy going on missions to Wales etc when one is bored), the cost does not bother me, because when I come to my senses or I run low on cash, whichever comes first, ill get an oil burner haha.

If im still skint after that, ill get meself a push bike and problem solved.

Tax is going to stay, no amount of moaning is going to change it, just pay the price at the pump and forget about it. They cant ever afford to remove the tax now, if anything, the tax will increase (both VAT on the fuel and fuel duty).

Expect to be paying £1.50 a litre next year, oh the joys, if thats too high, plenty of time to change your lifestyle/car.

laugh laugh
Posted By: TheDr Re: Cheapest petrol today - 14th May 2010 3:48am
Or change to LPG (have that one three of my cars) or use Vegtable Oil (if your engine will take it)
I'm running my Pajero on it, straight in the tank at a 50/50 mix, at the moment Tesco's have 3litre containers of it for £2.95, but it's on buy one get one free, so less than 50p a litre, only downside is as I haven't done ANY conversion to the engine whatsoever it's a bit harder to start when the weather is cold, oh and your exhaust gasses smell like doughnuts...
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cheapest petrol today - 14th May 2010 10:09am
It's mostly the politics behind it I'm afraid.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Cheapest petrol today - 14th May 2010 2:51pm
I was running Biodiesel for 18 months, during the period when regular derv hit £1.30+ per litre - think the Biodiesel was around 95p per litre - much safer than throwing untreated vegetable oil through your fuel system and still a decent saving.

As for LPG, well there was a lot of concern that the tax-break would not last past 2010, so we will have to see what comes in the emergency budget and the 2011 budget, it would be a risk in doing a conversion at present unless you do enough mileage to negate the cost of the conversion pretty quick.

Personally, I agree with the removal of the tax-break on LPG, its a very dirty fuel (only 16% cleaner than petrol - and derv is cleaner than petrol as well) and it makes little sense to be paying no tax on it, when the rest of the motorists have to pay tax. However, if I were looking to go LPG, id probably get a second hand car that already been converted, they go for silly money nowadays.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral