Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 12:13am
Prepare to be saddened by this horrible neglect of some of the rarist vehicles known frown

Heres a link...

Here

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: golfvr Re: Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 7:01am
some awesome cars there.

I bet there are some superb cars on the wirral, just layed up.

I used to go around finding old vws,inc. a 59' split camper, stacks of beetles, T3 square back (estate type vw), 3 beach buggys,etc.
I bought stacks of them.
There are loads around Oxton in the bigger house's car parks, and again in Kensington/Toxteth in Liverpool.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 9:27am
ahhhh that's where I left my F40!
Posted By: AR_One Re: Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 12:31pm
Wow some brilliant pics there!

The purple curvy car (011.jpg) is the original prototype for the TVR Speed 12 that never got made - it looks like it might be round the back of the factory in Blackpool that is no more :-(
Posted By: DavidB Re: Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 1:55pm
Try looking on here for random abandoned shite:

http://www.autoshite.com/forum/index.php
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 2:58pm
brilliant link bud
Posted By: AlpineA610Turbo Re: Forgotten supercars - 12th Jan 2010 9:46pm
That F40 is actually a Pontiac Fiero GT. I would have been mildly upset to see a real F40 in that state!
Posted By: spinking Re: Forgotten supercars - 13th Jan 2010 7:27am
Thought it look alittle to short
Posted By: AlpineA610Turbo Re: Forgotten supercars - 13th Jan 2010 7:52am
It looks very good actually but I knew there was something 'not quite right' with it.

I love the F40, the ultimate supercar for me, I grew up with posters of it on my wall and it still looks amazing today. Older cars have so much more character and soul than today's rather boring offerings.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Forgotten supercars - 13th Jan 2010 12:39pm
Originally Posted by AlpineA610Turbo
It looks very good actually but I knew there was something 'not quite right' with it.

I love the F40, the ultimate supercar for me, I grew up with posters of it on my wall and it still looks amazing today. Older cars have so much more character and soul than today's rather boring offerings.

100% TOTALLY AGREE!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Forgotten supercars - 13th Jan 2010 7:27pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly

100% TOTALLY AGREE!

Quite right smile Have to agree with that statement!
Posted By: AlpineA610Turbo Re: Forgotten supercars - 13th Jan 2010 9:47pm
I recently had a good look at a Veyron. Technically, a brilliant achievement but it just left me cold and underwhelmed. Almost boring. When I last saw an F40, I could have wet my pants, it just looked amazing. Everything about it was special. I'm not even a big Ferrari lover! The Countach has the same kind of effect on me (and the Alpine A610 but that is a bit more of a personal taste obviously - for rarity though, the A610 has both of these licked with 1300 F40's and over 2000 Countach's compared to 800 A610's!!)

Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by chris_gilly

100% TOTALLY AGREE!

Quite right smile Have to agree with that statement!
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Forgotten supercars - 14th Jan 2010 11:40am
the F40 lookalike headlight fitment gives it away for me
Posted By: AR_One Re: Forgotten supercars - 3rd Feb 2010 11:59pm
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/65905

The only TVR speed 12 that was ever sold as a road car has gone up for sale......drooooooolllll

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/65905
© Wirral-Wikiwirral