Forums
Posted By: Mark £20 Photo Driving License Renewal Costs - 4th Jan 2010 7:47pm
£20 Photo Driving License Renewal Costs

If you have a Photo ID Licence and its coming up to 10 Years old Expect a Letter informing you that you have to add a New Photo and all to the Tune of £20

NOTE: Make sure you photo copy your licence before you send it.
As they could mix up what your qualified to Drive.

Our Mate Auditastic did say something about a category to watch for, but i cant remember which one.

They want PHOTO CARD AND PAPER PART TOO.

Its such a Money Making Scam wink
Nice one DVLA cos Trust me i still look as good 10 years later lol (I'm Biased)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: £20 Photo Driving License Renewal Costs - 4th Jan 2010 7:48pm
Shocking isnt it!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: £20 Photo Driving License Renewal Costs - 4th Jan 2010 8:22pm
Shocking as it is, I have to renew my race license anually - £75 a pop! omg
They copied my picture across from the passport department, and for nothing.
mmm £20 to renew it that puts me off now getting a replacement I lost my paper part think I'll wait now till I gotta renew it in 5years
Posted By: bobi1 Re: £20 Photo Driving License Renewal Costs - 5th Jan 2010 1:21am
I assumed (wrongly) that cos it was voluntary when I got my first photo license that I could just go back to a paper version with no cost. Not so, cost me money to renew my photo even tho hubby hasn't been asked to make a photo license yet cos he qualified before the photo version was around. They'll catch him sooner or later, lol.
Posted By: peodude Re: £20 Photo Driving License Renewal Costs - 8th Jan 2010 2:37pm
I'd "lose" your license, rather than renew. Driving entitlements are disappearing from licenses on renewal, and a photocopy IS NOT being accepted as sufficient proof.

Lots of people are having major problems getting their entitlements back, many having to retake the relevant tests. Meanwhile, anyone who relies on the entitlement for work purposes are up the creek without a paddle.
that's shocking, how can the DVLA mess this up so badly, there messing up peoples lives if they leave off entitlements, if you couldn't afford to retake the test you could be out of a job, another poor government service, or is it another sneaky way for them to make more money out of us.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral