Forums
Posted By: StuyMac New brakes and Wheels for the Teg - 24th Nov 2009 2:38pm
After a long time thinking about what to do about some better brakes on the Integra,I finally made my mind up about which path to go down...

I want to run 15" wheels on the car to keep the gearing low (and tyre prices are 1/2 what they are when you go up to 16"), but a lot of the brake kits available would only go under a 16" minimum and cost £1000, or the kit for a 15" wheel used 20mm thick rotors omg

So, I went out and found the wheel that offers the greatest internal clearance - which was also one of the lightest wheels you can buy, weighing in at 5.4kgs, the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1. Ive also gone up slightly to a 35 offset to allow a little more caliper clearance.

Wheels are now very hard to get hold of, and I found a set in Silver, so they are currently being pinted white...

[Linked Image]

Calipers Ive Specd are a pair of Wilwood Dynalite 4 Pots which arrived today...

[Linked Image]

And ll be running them with EP3 Type R discs. These are 300mm x 25mm and genuine Brembo rotors are available off the shelf for £70. Only problem is they are 5 stud, so will need to be redrilled to 4 stud for my car.

To fit everything Ill be getting a caliper bracket made up to get the caliper fitting the disc offset. If my working out with clearances and offsets are accurate, I should have about 5mm clearance between wheel and caliper smile

Posted By: MGCraig Re: New brakes and Wheels for the Teg - 24th Nov 2009 4:06pm
Lets hope you have good maths then raftl

A Honda with Team Dynamics wheels, who'd have thunk it eh tease

Nah, all looks good. Im taking it youll be keeping the Teggers White all over...or will you be going down the old Vinyl Graphics route for that extra Raceyness?
Posted By: spinking Re: New brakes and Wheels for the Teg - 24th Nov 2009 8:57pm
liking them
Posted By: Dave100e Re: New brakes and Wheels for the Teg - 25th Nov 2009 5:53pm
Always been a big fan of Team Dynamics pro race 1's. Great wheels that actually serve a purpose by being light as opposed to looking sporty but weighing 47 tonnes.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral