Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 13th Nov 2009 6:12pm
Heres a video for you all.
Im sure many of you will have seen the epic video "Climb Dance", showing Ari Vatanen climbing the pikes peak in a Peugeot 405 T16.

Well, here is a homage to that video, starring Marcus Gronholm in a 800 BHP DURATEC FORD FIESTA!

Despite the Power, and the driver though, Im left slightly disappointed. The car and his driving style could have been slightly more flamboyant, but then again. I suppose no-one will ever top Ari Vatanen happy

Enjoy happy

[youtube]K8nptFx1jug[/youtube]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 14th Nov 2009 9:42am
Originally Posted by MGCraig
Despite the Power, and the driver though, Im left slightly disappointed. The car and his driving style could have been slightly more flamboyant, but then again. I suppose no-one will ever top Ari Vatanen happy [/spoiler]

With the grip level of the newer cars, and superior tyres and suspension - its easier to keep the car in check and be faster.

I dont think Gronholm was out for a sunday drive [Linked Image]

Out of interest do you have the stage times? Was Gronholm actually quicker? If so, by how much?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 14th Nov 2009 2:51pm
I dont have them sorry, but if its anything to go by, Im sure Marcus wuld be more thrilling to watch than Sebastien Loeb raftl

The only difference now is that the start of the pikes peak these days is sealed surface, whereas in Aris day, was completely loose wink

ADDITIONAL
The world record is 10:04 set by Rod Millen in 1994.

Ari's time was 10:47 in 1988

Monster Tajima (Pikes Peak God) did a 10:15

Marcus Gronholm's time was 11.15
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 14th Nov 2009 3:09pm
And heres the comparison laugh

[youtube]TKgeCQGu_ug[/youtube]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 14th Nov 2009 4:47pm
...they also dont do the full bottom to top in one go, its done in about 3 stages IIRC
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 14th Nov 2009 5:55pm
2nd one was far better.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Marcus Gronholm - 800bhp Fiesta Pikes Peak! - 14th Nov 2009 7:44pm
Better car as well laugh

A ford Fiesta with 800bhp is impressive, but its still a Fiesta raftl

Id rather a 500bhp Pug 405 T16 anyday, even though there was only 2 frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral