Forums
Posted By: StuyMac I don't care if this is true or not... - 28th Aug 2009 9:48am
A German company called CarLoft presents an innovative way to solve nightmare parking problems, that can also would be good for people who are tired of having their wheels trashed or stolen. Basically the idea is that you drive your car in to a big lift, which then takes it up to your flat and you drive it out on to the balcony to park, you can see how this work from the pictures below. Now if you’ve ever felt that your car should sleep inside, not in the garage, then CarLoft has just the loft apartment for you. A glass wall separates your elevated garage from your living quarters yet still allows for friends and family to appreciate your wheels. Plans are underway to have CarLoft living spaces built in such European cities as Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg, among others. The lofts, which range in size from 2,411 sq ft to 5,802 sq ft, start at EUR 450,600 ($536,844 US).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...how cool it that grin
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 28th Aug 2009 11:16am
I wan't one!

Rutger Hauer had one in one of his films...can't remember which film tho..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 28th Aug 2009 12:09pm
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeer thats boss, want one. joyride
Posted By: spinking Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 28th Aug 2009 8:36pm
MMMM think i could maybe make room in my bedroom for the 200

Dont think the wife would be to impressed with it though raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 28th Aug 2009 9:00pm
I'd purposly get the lift stuck on my level and turn it into an extra room smile
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 30th Aug 2009 12:52pm
It would be great as long as you had a nice car. Imagine having a hateful Citron xara Picasso at the end of your living room.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 30th Aug 2009 1:22pm
It could quite possibly be true.

In Japan they have those car parks inside small buildings, that have the cars on small lifts that rotate inside them.

Could ruin your view though
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 30th Aug 2009 5:42pm
Yeah!

Great idea...work on the car in the kitchen grin
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 30th Aug 2009 6:10pm
Some people's kitchens look like they work on a car in there anyway raftl wink
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: I don't care if this is true or not... - 30th Aug 2009 6:18pm
yes like Sausage's dads lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral