Forums
Posted By: BigBadStuey Mk1 Punto - 24th Jul 2009 11:57am
Where do I begin? My first car so I'm an absolute n00b when it comes to automotive matters. Basically since I got it it's become a case of finding things wrong, my driver's side repeater has come loose/something's snapped off, someone's hit the panel above the front right wheel, the engine's leaking oil continuously, I've had to have the head replaced as one of the valves had part of the end snapped off (the end the size of a penny, one had a "bite" taken out of it), I've had to get a new ECU, key & key locks because the bloke working on mine lost my one and only key, the rear water jet sprays out a piddle, the rear wiper leaves most of the water on the window, the speakers need replacing (I want to know if THESE and THESE would be an adequate replacement) and, well yeah, just fed up with the thing now!

It's mainly the oil problem I'm worried about now, it's going through a lot and at the minute I don't have the money to take it to a garage to have it diagnosed, all I know is that after, say, 100 miles it's below the min on the dipstick. I get paid next week so is it going to be a case of managing it til then or put it in as soon as and loan the money til I get paid again? Am I better getting a replacement engine? It's an S 60 1242cc 8v.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Mk1 Punto - 24th Jul 2009 12:13pm
PM'd
Posted By: DavidB Re: Mk1 Punto - 25th Jul 2009 5:44pm
The sump or rocker gasket needs replacing. Rocker gasket is easy, sump gasket is tricky, you have to get under car and probably remove things. It's how it is I'm afraid.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Mk1 Punto - 27th Jul 2009 9:11pm
can also be the sump plug or typically it leaks from by the filter! ive rebuilt loads of these engines and know them inside out smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral