Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Alfa Milano - 8th Jul 2009 8:27pm
[Linked Image]

These images of the Italian firm's new VW Golf rival have been leaked onto the internet – and they reveal all about the newcomer, which is set to make its official debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

Replacing the ageing 147 family hatch, the family hatchback is certainly more stylish than ever – and, as you can see, it mixes the design language of the supermini MiTo and 8C supercar into one neat package. Large headlights sit proudly up front, while the signature Alfa Romeo grille nestles between. At the rear are a pair of bold, circular lights.

The rear door handles continue to be hidden in the C-pillar but inside the dashboard gets an updated centre console with a revised instrument binnacle and new swichtgear.

Underneath the skin, the Milano is based Alfa’s new, larger mid-size car platform and will go on to underpin the next 159, likely to be called the Guilia. Expect the Milano to be more spacious than the 147 and be powered by a range of turbocharged four-cylinder engines, including the MiTo's 155bhp 1.4-litre turbo, while range-topping models will get the classic Alfa 3.2-litre V6.

More details will appear before the proper reveal at Frankfurt but sales will start early next year.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Alfa Milano - 8th Jul 2009 9:03pm
Me like...

except for those wheels
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Alfa Milano - 8th Jul 2009 9:09pm
Wasnt this announced on the roadmap quite a while ago?? think

Strange how they gone down a class for the new Milano.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Alfa Milano - 8th Jul 2009 9:11pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
except for those wheels

Ahhhh so true man, should have these:

[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Alfa Milano - 9th Jul 2009 10:28am
euuugh sorry i just lost my breakfast.....
those wheels are awful
© Wirral-Wikiwirral