Forums
Posted By: StuyMac This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 30th Jun 2009 4:37pm
...and what a let down it is frown

Never thought Id say it, but I think I prefer the Vectra frown

Inside the cabin is certainly more cosy, the dash wraps around you more, and the actual clocks are more appealing, but there seems to be less room, front an rear, and I think the boot is also smaller.

They have used something similar to the BMW IDrive in the center console, but to use all the functions, you need to press a combination of dash buttons along with this controller to work everything confused The dash buttons are also cluttered, and cheap, meaning it takes ages to actually do what you wanted to do...

This one is a 1000mile old, 1.8 SRi, petrol, and I didnt think it was possible, but Vauxhall have made the engine flatter that it was in the vectra, and Im not sure wether is been detuned, or the Insignia is heavier, but there is more go in a sick note frown

Then try reversing!!! The rear window is like a letterbox, the "C" Pillars are huge, meaning there is a massive blind spot, and the headrests are awkward to see around. They have also fitted tapering wing mirrors which make morotway driving awkward as you can see less of what is to the sides... frown

Gimmie a Mondeo any day...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 30th Jun 2009 6:22pm
its funny stu, i had the same feeling in my mates new civc the other day, c pillar are huge, mirrors are shit, cluttered dash.

the funniest bit is that tonight i've been stud next to a vauxhall workin talking about the insgnia for 30 mins on the cross trainer, he thought it was the dogs........I think he said his position there was to put the numberplates on !!!
sounds great Stu,gonna start savin for one. sorry
Posted By: StuyMac Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 30th Jun 2009 11:10pm
...I even got "had off" by a Diesel VW Transporter tonight going on to the M53 raftl

Proof that "SRi" has nothing to do with performance any more...
Posted By: golfvr Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 1st Jul 2009 5:24am
Originally Posted by Beaker
...I even got "had off" by a Diesel VW Transporter tonight

Quality smile

And the transporter had 2 ton of crap in the back
It wasn't this VW Transporter with the Porche 911 engine onboard?

Attached picture VW transporter 1-s.jpg
Posted By: Sanchez Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 1st Jul 2009 7:49am
Originally Posted by Beaker
...I even got "had off" by a Diesel VW Transporter tonight going on to the M53 raftl

Proof that "SRi" has nothing to do with performance any more...

absolute joke isn't it, I thimk nowdays SRI just means you get alloys, trim, and air con.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 1st Jul 2009 9:35am
Not even that tbh... I think its just a Badge to try and appeal to a more performance orientated market.

About 2 years ago, we hired a Zafira SRi to travel down to london in, we had lots of bags and presents etc.. so the A3 wouldnt suffice. It had the sports button, which once pressed.............

Did absolutely naff all, and it still handled like a bag of potatoes raftl raftl Absolute waste of time, and metal. You cannot have a sporty MPV... the only time it ever worked was the Espace F1 thing... and even that handled like shit tease

Maybe someone at Vauxhall should be smacked around the head.. and attempt a new GTE of some kind... leave the SRi and VXR range behind... and who knows... maybe even another collaboration with Lotus. The Lotus Insignia sounds quite good... however with the car being so crap as it is.. it may tarnsh the Lotus Carltons image frown

Not in this current climate though, they might go bankrupt laugh
Posted By: StuyMac Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 1st Jul 2009 9:56am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
It wasn't this VW Transporter with the Porche 911 engine onboard?

raftl

No, just a boggo TDI in the minibus variation. I think the excuse for the loss was down to how crap the Insignia is raftl

I actually just checked the stats...

138bhp, 0-60 11.1secs omg 128mph top speed - pretty lame for something with nearly 140bhp!!

The old Vectra had the same power yet managed 0-60 in 10.2 and 131mph top speed - what have Vauxhall done omg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: This weeks hire car - Vauxhall Insignia SRi - 1st Jul 2009 8:50pm
sounds like a nice motor Stu think

Like the dash though, much better than the one in your beemer grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral