Forums
Posted By: Dave100e My Dad got his Cortina home the other day. - 26th Jun 2009 6:31pm
It used to be mine which i swapped for his MK2 which i then swapped for the 100e. He restored the MK1 and here it is!

It follows in the tradition of me buying cars that are half missing. So we bought a ruined mk2 1600GT and raped it for parts and made it 'barable' for my dad.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So that makes it, in age order, MK1 Cortina 1600GT, MK2 Fiesta 957cc, 205 Mi16, S13 200SX. My Mum says no more. frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My Dad got his Cortina home the other day. - 26th Jun 2009 7:23pm
Wow thats fkin mint that dude, amazing!! How long has it taken to restore it? I bet he's proud of that sitting on the drive!!
looks cool mate! old school ftw
Posted By: spinking Re: My Dad got his Cortina home the other day. - 26th Jun 2009 8:16pm
Loving it dave
Love it!!!!!

Hope to get to see a few more like that @ Ford Fair. laugh
Posted By: Dave100e Re: My Dad got his Cortina home the other day. - 26th Jun 2009 10:01pm
Ford Fair is always goodies. Bit of everything there from 50's Ford 100e's to bang up to date RS's, i love that show.

Its been in the garage to be painted about 6 months id say, maybe a touch longer. Had new fibreglass wings and front valance and new steel sills aswell as a load of welding inside as preventative reapirs. Before it was sent away it had the rear axle built by oneself (proof that im not 100% lazy) with a fresh 3.89 diff, and we managed to fit a 1600GT MK2 Gearbox for the better ratios. It sat around for about 2 years after the machenical work was done, so id say 8 months of work with 2 years of sitting around doing nothing.
Posted By: camaroz Re: My Dad got his Cortina home the other day. - 27th Jun 2009 4:05pm
I love the MkI tina.
They say old Fords never die - they just get faster!
Absolutely top marks on a great example.
Love to see it in the flesh smile

The missus keeps telling me "no more" aswell frown
Posted By: spinking Re: My Dad got his Cortina home the other day. - 30th Jun 2009 10:58pm
I love the car Dave matey
© Wirral-Wikiwirral