Forums
Posted By: StuyMac I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 9:16am
Now the Civic has gone and Im towing the Silvia, I was right on the tow weight limits of my old 330d Touring, so I needed something a bit bigger to tow the bigger car.

Placed a deposit last week, and as soon as the docs come back for my private plate Im chopping the 330 in for this (They offered me what I had in my mind for a private sale for P/X smile ) ...

BMW 530d M Sport Touring - in a very very rare 6 speed manual wink

Its the facelift 231bhp model with push button start, and the 5 Tourings also have rear air suspension to help with the towing. Fingers crossed I may get it late this week / early next week smile

As with new dervs, they respond very well to a remap, giveing a balance of economy and performance, and these later, higher power cars go from 231bhp and 500Nm Torque, to 280bhp and 600Nm torque omg plus you get the improved economy smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(These are pics from the for sale advert - Ill get some better ones and start another topic when I pick it up smile )
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 10:27am
should of just got the m5 estate bud.....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 10:28am
oooo it has the idrive wink nice
Posted By: Wench Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 10:38am
You got it in the end then laugh The grey is growing on me wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 10:41am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
should of just got the m5 estate bud.....

The one you had - what was that showing mpg wise...12? raftl

Not sure I could live with that - I test drove this, reset the trip, and even with a few blats, it was still showing very similar to the 3 series - high 40's smile

Also, cheap M5s are still around the £25k mark - and £40k for the Tourings (they wherent made until 07> ) frown

...anyway - my face would hurt from all the grinning everytime the throttle got pressed grin

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 12:02pm
280bhp, 600Nm and 40+mpg! omg

A lot smarter than the 3 series thumbsup
Nice tower stu liking it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 15th Jun 2009 12:29pm
very nice happy
I am sooooooo jealous
oooooooooo very nice stu im lovin the grey im just gettin the feelin tho you will stand out like a sore thumb in this wid ya ginger hair atleast ya blended in with the red one raftl raftl
That's a bit below the belt Scott...he can't help being a ginger.
Originally Posted by Snooze

my thoughts exactly

poor stu, the gingerhead man

anyway, yea... v nice motor!!
Originally Posted by Snooze

Yes he can

[Linked Image]
Don't give him ideas...
ive recently considered dying my hair too, after spoting loads of greys in the sunlight - i'm 25 ffs, not 35 (no offence oldies) :|

if i didnt get this job i was gonna dye it some radical colours haha
offtopic
Posted By: Waddi Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 18th Jun 2009 9:51pm
A Very nice car joyride and a very jealous Waddi yes <- green with envy
Originally Posted by StuyMac
offtopic

lol, like you've never done it......
Its his topic though Sanchez so he's bound to moan and whine about it...

OK - on topic....its a car, yes its very nice, ooh its g r e y. Yadda yadda yadda. *rolls eyes*
I could always edit the crap out - mods privilages wink snob

...but, Im guilty as charged... sorry
Wasn't that your task when you got home yesterday? To tidy up autowirral?

Good luck with that.

will the tow bar come straight off yours and go onto the new one, or will you have to get a new one ? and if thats the case dont forget to flog the old one as you got it megga cheap anyway wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 10:01am
Tow bars are different frown

Already thought of that though, last weekend I went up to my Dads - has has the exact same car - an '02 330d Touring, and I fitted the tow bar to his car and used his bumper mounts to put my bumper back on wink
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 10:05am
lol, how much did you charge the old timer for his new tow bar?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 10:59am
Lol I didnt - i he didnt have it, it wasnt going to make mine worth any more....

He did buy us lunch though smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 11:25am
what???? are you going silly in your old age bud, you missed out on a few quid - lid !
Posted By: StuyMac Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 11:32am
I guess, but if I ever need to borrow a car to tow the race car... wink
Posted By: Wench Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 12:31pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
ive recently considered dying my hair too, after spoting loads of greys in the sunlight - i'm 25 ffs, not 35 (no offence oldies) :|

if i didnt get this job i was gonna dye it some radical colours haha

Men can get away with it though, it makes them look distinguished. You've got nothing to worry about yet anyway, you're cute enough for the girls not to notice a few stray greys raftl
Don't dye your hair Davey - you may end up looking like Rosanne:

[Linked Image]

Why?
Posted By: Wench Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 19th Jun 2009 6:31pm
There's an even worse pic of her - her head looked like she had a rugby ball on the top sideways!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 20th Jun 2009 11:37am
Do it Davey!

Attached picture DSC00176.JPG.display.jpg
Is she the mother to Stewie Griffin

[Linked Image]
hey i'd still tap it..

ok then, maybe not!
I guess you wouldn't see it from behind...
Posted By: MrPhil Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 22nd Jun 2009 12:31pm
nor would she with eye's like that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I cant hold it in anymore - ANOTHER NEW CAR!!! - 22nd Jun 2009 11:25pm
Good work mate - 530d is a fantastic car.

My old man had one when they first came out, he's now using a 535d as his daily but will not succumb to the temptation to remap it.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral