Forums
Posted By: Lauraxxx Corsa electric speedo - 30th May 2009 6:35pm
So my boyfriend has changed the speedo dials on his corsa from a cable to an electronic one. he has managed to get everything else working except the actual spedometer and the rev counter seems to be out.

the speed sensor has been put in, 3 cables black, brown an twin coloured wire,

black to live
brown to earth
twin coloured to back of speedo

has anyone actually done a conversion from cable to electronic speedo or does anyone have any ideas??

help
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Corsa electric speedo - 30th May 2009 10:35pm
what corsa is it??
and do u mean digital dash?
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Corsa electric speedo - 30th May 2009 10:42pm
not as yet but you might have to put a new up to date sensor into the gear box (digital sensor) from a newer model smile
Posted By: momo2k9 Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 8:41am
its a corsa b 1.4 8v an not digital dash just the clocks out a new moddle wth the rev counter as i did not have it on my car wen i put the clock in the rev counter worked with out any wireing need but it not running right an my speedo not workin at all i have the speed sensor out the same car is the clock wired the sensor up black to live an brown to earth an the other to the back of the clock but still no speedo
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 9:02am
ok try a new speedo sensor or i can have a look at it 2moz smile
Posted By: momo2k9 Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 9:34am
ok that would be good i will try get a sensor from the scrapy or would it be best to buy a new one an have i wired up the wire's right
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 9:48am
try the brown to live and the black to ground smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 10:19am
Black is switched live, it'll produce a few sparks and burn out if you turn the car on if it's connected to an earth. smile

The electronic speedo runs off the ABS signal which comes from the sensor on the wheel. What reg car is it, and what did the dials come from?
Posted By: momo2k9 Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 11:01am
my car is a L reg an the stuff come off a P reg i think
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 12:35pm
It's quite tricky. I used a gearbox transducer from an Astra GTE. It just plugs in the gearbox where the cable goes, and wires to the speedo. It runs on pulses, but it seems to work, only losing about +-5mph at about 60mph. If you've got a fuel/speed computer, it'll mess around with that and it won't work properly. Rev counter gets it's info from the 'green wire', which goes to the ignition coil.

I'd do the above method.

Or this:
http://77.96.230.10/sytemsandsoftwa...tive/How_to/General/electronicspeedo.htm
Posted By: momo2k9 Re: Corsa electric speedo - 31st May 2009 1:31pm
i think the rev was all ready done as wen i put the clock in an started it the rev showed up but i was goin down the m-waybe hind a car prob doin about 70 an my revs said 2000 so not revin up like it shud the sensor i got out the gearboxan the took my cable out an replayed it with the sensor then wired it up
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Corsa electric speedo - 1st Jun 2009 9:28am
If your full stop key on your keyboard has broken, you can copy and paste these - it will make your posts a bit easier to read wink

. ,
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Corsa electric speedo - 1st Jun 2009 10:37am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
If your full stop key on your keyboard has broken, you can copy and paste these - it will make your posts a bit easier to read wink

. ,

Pmsl chew, just cause its your bday it doesn't give you the right to be rude raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Corsa electric speedo - 1st Jun 2009 11:07am
A year older - a year closer to being a grumpy old man raftl He's just practising. happy
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Corsa electric speedo - 27th Apr 2010 6:13pm
You need to be careful on Corsa as there are wires at the back of the speedo that go straight into the ECU. This lets the ECU know how fast the car is going. They actually link in with the back of the radio too so it raises the volume slightly the faster you drive.

My old Corsa's ECU burnt out because some nutter tried to change the radio without the ISO block, taped the "uneeded" wires together and burnt the speed sensor circuitry in the ECU out.

I would plug a tech1 into the diag port and ensure you're getting a spead read off the ECU if it's starts behaving funny or goes into limp mode.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Corsa electric speedo - 27th Apr 2010 8:56pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac

. ,

You forgot your full stop at the end of the sentence. laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral