Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Silvia's first outing - Silverstone, Pics.... - 26th May 2009 9:58am
Well, the Civics replacement, the Silvia was out at Silverstone last weekend. Had a few issues in practice which put me 17th on the grid (I was also running Toyo 888s - most of the rest of the field where on Slicks...)

Come race day on the Sunday the heavens opened and due to it being my first time racing the car I opted to start from the pitlane as all the cars around me in the assembly area had full race wets, and yes, my only tyre was the 888... frown

Pit lane turned out to be a good call, as there was an incident, mid field on the first corner - right where I would have been omg

During the race I was getting fuel surge on every right hand corner, and wheelspin in 4th on the straights, plus starting from the back of the grid, and not being on a wet tyre ment I only made 3 places....

Later in the day however, for the second race, the track dried smile

Starting from almost the back of the grid, Ive never had such a fun 3 laps of racing - I think I made 6 places before the first corner.

I made 10 places in total which I was pretty happy with for its first meet. Really need to get a bigger tow car so I can carry slicks and wets to make sure Im ready for any weather though....

Anyway, some pics....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Silvia's first outing - Silverstone, Pics.... - 26th May 2009 11:58am
nice one chew, glad to see the nissan on the track, quite jealous smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Silvia's first outing - Silverstone, Pics.... - 26th May 2009 12:11pm
Yeah, sound like you had fun mate.

What were the issues in practice?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Silvia's first outing - Silverstone, Pics.... - 26th May 2009 12:16pm
Practice was the first time I had driven the car in anger, the biggest issue was getting used to the car raftl

I was also on new, unscrubbed tyres, new brakes, and I was getting the fuel surge I also suffered in the 1st race.

You dont need a bigger tow car put the wheels in the 200.

looks like you enjoyed yourself matey

You do sound like a race diver though stu the only think you never blamed was yourself raftl
Does look like you enjoyed yaself man, nice one happy

Have you already been to Oulton this year, or is that still to come?
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Does look like you enjoyed yaself man, nice one happy

Have you already been to Oulton this year, or is that still to come?

Ive already asked that. He did it in the Civic earlier on in the year frown

Looks good Stu. Spotted a nice S1 there too smile

Im sure you can fit plenty of tires in the 200 if you want to go up that class?

Remember what i said Stu about the variety of cars making it proper motorsport which is why i like that sort of motorsport, well those pictures prove it. A Mini, An SD1, MK1 Fez, Astra GTE, Rs500 or a cossie or an XR4/x4 (cant always tell with those, got an RS500 grille though, Mk2 essy, civic type R, starion, What looks like a mk3 fezza XR3/turbo, S1 RS Turbo, Xr3i / Rs2000 and a mk4 fiesta Si. I know half are in the ford championship but thats a pretty healthy and interesting collection right there.
Originally Posted by Spinking
You do sound like a race diver though stu the only think you never blamed was yourself

Originally Posted by StuyMac
being my first time racing the car I opted to start from the pitlane

Starting from the pitlane (and waiting for the whole field to pass before being let out on the track) was my choice - that cost me 13 places before I even got moving, nothing to do with the car that wink

Originally Posted by Spinking
You do sound like a race diver though stu the only think you never blamed was yourself

being my first time racing the car I opted to start from the pitlane

Starting from the pitlane (and waiting for the whole field to pass before being let out on the track) was my choice - that cost me 13 places before I even got moving, nothing to do with the car that wink

OOOOOOO

[Linked Image]

what suspension setup are you using stu as the car dosnt seem to lean much into the corners???
© Wirral-Wikiwirral