Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Evo X FQ-330 gets twin-clutch 'box - 25th May 2009 8:02pm
Mitsubishi offers mid-powered Evo X with advanced SST twin-clutch gearbox for the first time

[Linked Image]

Mitsubishi’s mid-range Evo, just stepped up a gear! The FQ-330 SST is the most powerful Evo X yet to get Mitsubishi’s twin-clutch SST gearbox, which has been optimised to give silky-smooth shifts.

With one clutch handling odd gears, and the other even, the next shift is always primed well before you need it. The more efficient gearbox means 60mph arrives in just 4.4 seconds, and the turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit won’t stop until it hits the 155mph limiter.

Available in Cool Silver, Orient Red, Lightning Blue or Phantom Black, the FQ-330 SST is yours for a cool £35,999. Although only £3,000 more than the less powerful FQ-300, you pay a £1,000 premium over the 5-speed manual variant.
Posted By: Wench Re: Evo X FQ-330 gets twin-clutch 'box - 25th May 2009 8:09pm
I shall go wash my mouth out once I've written this, but I prefer the VI and VII sorry I had such high hopes for the X but looks wise, for me, it just hasn't delivered the goods.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Evo X FQ-330 gets twin-clutch 'box - 25th May 2009 8:12pm
no

For me, every one just looks better and better
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Evo X FQ-330 gets twin-clutch 'box - 25th May 2009 11:31pm
Im with ya J...

My Love for the Evo died with the VI....

This new one I dont like, as theyre being bought by "Anyone" not because they know what it is, or about its pedigree, but because it "looks nice" blah blah....

Mitsubishi no
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Evo X FQ-330 gets twin-clutch 'box - 26th May 2009 7:15am
VI for me too - was the last one that had the extended arches, big wing etc....

Dont get me wrong, I like them all (though the VII was a bit soft after the VI) but my fave is the VI smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral