Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe VW Scirocco R - 27th Apr 2009 8:53pm
[Linked Image]

A production version of the white-hot Scirocco, which is likely to be badged the Scirocco R, has been spied at the infamous Nurburgring circuit in Germany alongside a current 2.0 TFSI car.

Pictured on the right, the Scirocco R is clearly wearing a more aggressive body kit with lower front and rear bumpers and more sculpted side skirts, as well as larger 19-inch wheels. But there’s no sign of the wild rear wing attached to the Bologna show car.

When it goes on sale to the public, the Golf-based coupe will feature a storming 262bhp version of the 2.0 TFSI engine already available in 197bhp form. That means a 0-60mph sprint in around six seconds and a 155mph top speed.

Appropriately, both the Scirocco R and Golf R20 will make their public debuts at the Nurburgring 24-hour race in May. Prices should start from around £25,000 when it goes on sale later this year.
Posted By: Wench Re: VW Scirocco R - 27th Apr 2009 10:22pm
Why did they have to mess with it!?!?! Have VW not heard the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!?!?! The shape of the old one is MUCH nicer IMO. Mid - late 80's it was my dream car. I'd still have one now.

Shame on you VW no
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: VW Scirocco R - 28th Apr 2009 12:44am
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Why did they have to mess with it!?!?! Have VW not heard the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!?!?! The shape of the old one is MUCH nicer IMO. Mid - late 80's it was my dream car. I'd still have one now.

Shame on you VW no

[Linked Image]

Yeaeeeerrrrrr happy
Posted By: MGCraig Re: VW Scirocco R - 28th Apr 2009 2:29am
To be honest, I believe the 80s version looks too much like a cross between a Delorean and an Audi Quattro..pretending to be something that its not.

At least the new version looks like no other car on the road, soon as you see one, you instantly know its a Scirocco. The ne variant also renders the current, ugly and heavy golf (Since Mk III Onward) utterly useless...and anyone I see driving an 08,or 09 plate Golf I immediately believe is an Idiot.

Good Move VW happy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: VW Scirocco R - 28th Apr 2009 3:28am
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
and anyone I see driving an 08,or 09 plate Golf I immediately believe is an Idiot.

happy

raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: VW Scirocco R - 28th Apr 2009 8:20am
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
The ne variant also renders the current, ugly and heavy golf (Since Mk III Onward) utterly useless...and anyone I see driving an 08,or 09 plate Golf I immediately believe is an Idiot.

Top gear summed this up by placing the Scirocco higher on the cool wall that the Golf. Despite both cars being based on the same chassis, the Scirocco is purley built for its more sporty appearance.

Inside the Scirocco is smaller than the Golf, is only made in a 3 door, has a smaller boot, and is less practical than the Golf.

Still room for both IMO, but mabye the Scirocco only renders the 3 door golf useless wink
Posted By: Dave100e Re: VW Scirocco R - 28th Apr 2009 5:58pm
Exactly Stu, it renders the three door useless but not the 5 door. anyway, when was the last time you saw a 3 door mk5 that wasnt a R32, even 3 door GTi's are thin on the ground.

IMO the Scirocco is a pointless car. We already have the 3 door A3, 3 door Golf, and TT. If you want space buy a low end / second hand A5, if you want performance buy a R32 and if you want style, even though im not a fan, get a TT. I dont actually see a purpose to this car.
Posted By: spinking Re: VW Scirocco R - 30th Apr 2009 2:27pm
Seen one today on the m6

GOD THERE UGLY
© Wirral-Wikiwirral