Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 8:09am
Looking at buying a car, but being very picky, it has some scratches on the black leather.

Is there anyway these can be repaired? ie shoe scuff repair etc... think

Attached picture BMW 015.JPG
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 8:34am
Isn't their a leather restore which can be applied to dull the scratches, maybe Auto Glym or Mer car products in the blue tubs
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 8:36am
or neutral shoe polish
the problem is that not only has the surface been broken, but where it is broken dirt will inevitably get underneath, so even if you were to wipe the polish in the direction of the tears, they will still show a bit because dirt will be around the edge of each tear.

Posted By: Sanchez Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:08am
Let me get this straight. Your going to decide wether to get a car or not and it hinges on a few scratches on the back seat...................
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:10am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Let me get this straight. Your going to decide wether to get a car or not and it hinges on a few scratches on the back seat...................
He has a point....they look like dogclaw scratches..does the car smell of dog?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:13am
Lol, no, Im just trying to suss out how much of a haggling point it could be.

If its as simple as shoe polish he obviously hasnt got a clue or he would have sorted it before he took the pictures. Maybe he thinks its an expensive job which is something I may be able to play on smile

Apparently they where caused by his small childeren.

This is the car they are in....

Attached picture BMW 001.JPG
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:18am
small children???? that's bollocks!! kids shoes don't do that! unless they have hiking boots with spikes on!

from the looks of the location have you considered he might own a sheep dog or 2?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:22am
Well, that will become evident if I go and view the car smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:25am
i hope its worth the fuel going to see it then think
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 10:28am
He sent me about 30 detailed pics of the car and there is nothing else to suggest he has had dogs. He hasnt really made an effort to clean the car, and there are no hairs etc on the carpets...

Ive thrown a few more questions back to him - Ill decide wether or not to view based on those replies smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 23rd Apr 2009 3:55pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Looking at buying a car, but being very picky, it has some scratches on the black leather.

Is there anyway these can be repaired? ie shoe scuff repair etc... think

Hundred quid a seat stuewy an car connections, dock road, wallasey wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Leather seat repair - scratches? - 27th Apr 2009 10:18am
Not to worry, there where a few things about it I didnt like so I didnt even make an offer frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral