Forums
Posted By: markeee wanted help with basic ice install - 22nd Apr 2009 12:30am
i am not good with installs and mine is 95% done just need some minor help anyone ?
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 22nd Apr 2009 8:51am
whats up dude i can help!
Posted By: markeee Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 22nd Apr 2009 11:08pm
top man, ok its been installed once but had to get a new amp so just need someones help
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 23rd Apr 2009 12:54pm
i can rewire it in for you if you like... where about on the wirral are you dude?
Posted By: markeee Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 5th Sep 2009 2:45pm
forgot all about this dont think i need a re wire just someone who knows what there doing to have a look ?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 5th Sep 2009 4:15pm
if you tell us whats up, should be able to help. Done a good few installs myself including a grp job painted the same color as my car running 2 rockford fosgate 12 punch 2 sub, capacitor and two infinitys amp (loud as hell and really clear base).

[Linked Image]
Posted By: markeee Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 5th Sep 2009 5:51pm
ok thanks for reply as i said its all instaled but my last amp broke so got another off here and just thought it would be a case off pluging that in, when are you free and where are you based ?
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 6th Sep 2009 8:43am
just come the next meet with it and bring a screw driver. It should only be a case of swaping wires. you should have 3 wires to power the amp, earth, +12v and a +12v remote. Then their should be a rca lead with two conectors either end. Depending on the amp you can bridge the left and right if powering just a sub. This will supply more power but can only be done if the amp has this as a feature.
Posted By: markeee Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 6th Sep 2009 9:04am
thanks for the reply pal would you be able to help this week just going away with my kids next weekend and would help to have this on the trip, i can come to you anytime thanks

Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 6th Sep 2009 9:18am
are the wires already there???
Posted By: markeee Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 6th Sep 2009 10:50am
yes all done from last amp
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 6th Sep 2009 11:56am
you should be more than capable to do the swap. Just swap the wires across. Start with the large fat red and black which will be you constant live 12V and your earth -. Then the thin generally blue wire which will be your 12V ignition wire, this turns the amp on when the radio is switched on or the ignition key is turned. Then finally the two RCA plugs which will only go in one way. It really aint hard, let us know how you get on first.
Posted By: markeee Re: wanted help with basic ice install - 6th Sep 2009 3:29pm
i took the old one out a while ago and have not fitted the newer one since i tryed it originaly, i will have a go now thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral