Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 7:55pm
Im going to be back for a week or 2 for Easter, and was wondering if anyone is up for a bit of Karting action at Hooton Park ??

Havent been for a while, and really feel the need to drive quickly an inch off the floor tease

If theres any interest, I can see about actual dates etc..
I know times are tough, but its £30 for 2 15 minute sessions..or we can do a £40 each session, which is a Grand Prix with practice, qualifying and 2 races (I think)

Anyone interested?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 8:16pm
sounds good smile
Posted By: dave_g Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 9:09pm
been wantin togo kartin for a while...
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 9:28pm
My old neighbour is their racing this weekend.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 10:14pm
Yea, they host the cheshire kartin championship there every 2nd weekend of the month. Cracking races there, marshalled there when I was back over summer. Think Ill be doin it again this summer as well.

Good bit of interest so far then, I reckon a few more and wed get a good Grand Prix session, and maybe a discount. Ill start a list of names of whos interested....No actual details just yet..

In case people dont know, they use proper Twin Engined Honda Gx-160 ProKarts, that have their own racing championship. They are serious racing karts, and a lot faster than your standard single engined indoor karts (Indoor karts usually have bout 5.5hp...these have 11). Track is outdoor as well, so if it rains, its more fun (staying on slicks laugh ) Also, the benefit of Hooton Park, is they encourage racing, not timing laps. First over the line is the winner happy

1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan
3. dave_g
4. Philw (?)
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 10:26pm
Not me mate, kart would have to have 100bhp to pull my fat arse LOL
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 10:32pm
raftl raftl Youd be surprised though, easily capable of 60mph, goin into a tight 90 degree first corner...superb..

1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan
3. dave_g
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Karting ?? - 7th Apr 2009 10:53pm
I remember last year one lad had a geared 125cc (i think it was 125cc) on that track, was immense acceleration compared to the others on track (testing not a proper race)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Karting ?? - 8th Apr 2009 7:21am
The arrive and drive Karts there are OK - tend to bog down a lot at the hairpins...

Im gonna see if my mates are getting their Rotax karts out - it a difference between walking and a supersonic jet grin
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 8th Apr 2009 9:29am
Depends how fast you take the hairpin, but the track has been widened to allow a longer runoff, so less bogging laugh

Rotax are good..but TKm is where its at, no battery to chug around the place...Soon as Ive finished uni, and have some money, Ill start working on mine.

Interested Stuy ?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Karting ?? - 8th Apr 2009 9:30am
Unfortunatly all my money at the moment is being spent on racing big cars wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 16th Apr 2009 11:10pm
Right...so there was some interest again tonight to get this thing going...so deffo gonna have to be sorted laugh

Heres list so far (as it stood other week)

1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan
3. dave_g
Posted By: sonyj Re: Karting ?? - 17th Apr 2009 9:28am
put me on the list.....i will start at the back of the grid to give you a chance....lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 17th Apr 2009 10:35am
1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan
3. dave_g
4. sonyj
Posted By: spinking Re: Karting ?? - 17th Apr 2009 8:07pm
I'd be up for some Karting fun
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 18th Apr 2009 12:00am
Nice one dude happy

Anyone think of any dates + times thatd be good for them?

1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan
3. dave_g
4. sonyj
5. spinking
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 1:12am
This got forgotten about, probably because I went back to uni. but now Im finished can see about getting this up and running again happy

So, are the original interested people still interested, and anyone else fancy joining in??
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 9:22am
I'm interested grin
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 11:34am
1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan(?)
3. dave_g(?)
4. sonyj(?)
5. spinking(?)
6. BMW Joe
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 12:48pm
1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan(?)
3. dave_g(?)
4. sonyj(?)
5. spinking(?)
6. BMW Joe

When are we thinking of having this wiki race smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 1:49pm
We'll see if anyone else is interested, then start thowing some dates around.

The minimum number for a Grand Prix event (Practice, Qualifying, 2 races) is 8, and that £40 each.

A normal show up and drive with 2 races is £30, although last time I was charged £25 as Ive become friendly with Bob the owner, but thats not promising a reduction in prices.

So depends on when everyone is free, and has some money on them wink
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 6:03pm
I can come smile

If numbers are low i can probably bring friends too.

And if people cant get there im happy to give lifts too.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 6:05pm
Its cheaper to go for a day out at Camelot and use their go-karts haha!!

raftl
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 6:59pm

Originally Posted by MattLFC
Its cheaper to go for a day out at Camelot and use their go-karts haha!!

raftl

it is wink

but lets do it lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 10th Jun 2009 8:12pm
Much better karts.. and much closer as well wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 2nd Jul 2009 5:17pm
[Linked Image]
Keeps getting forgotten about...

Gonna start a new list, as I dunno if the original people are interested anymore. Remember, we need at least 8 for a Grand Prix.. if not, then we can always just go for arrive and drive and go on twice wink

Its just for a bit of fun, doesnt need to be treated like a competition (Unless you want it to) but they do encourage racing at this place... possibly the only Karting place in the world that does laugh laugh

1. AlfaCraig
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Karting ?? - 2nd Jul 2009 7:58pm
1. AlfaCraig
2. Joe
Posted By: Wheels Re: Karting ?? - 2nd Jul 2009 8:00pm
Anyone up for it sunday?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Karting ?? - 2nd Jul 2009 8:04pm
think possibly, yeah
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 2nd Jul 2009 8:06pm
A weekend would be best.. as most people will be off. Only thing we have to be careful of is they have national racing every second sunday of the month.. so no arrive and drive.

Its only the 1st sunday of this month so far though.. so coud be a good idea.

If people are happy with a sunday... and more get interested, Ill give bob a ring see if its A-ok happy
Posted By: Wheels Re: Karting ?? - 2nd Jul 2009 8:12pm
ill pop down the rocky and chat smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 3rd Jul 2009 11:01am
1. AlfaCraig
2. Joe + Sausage (?)
3. Wheels

Need more people. 8 is the minimum for a Grand Prix event.. unless people just want to go for an arrive and drive session, which Is probably easier tbh.

We were thinking this Sunday as well, short notice but it leaves less chance for people to forget...or for important things to suddenly pop up...

If you can all have a think, and try and make a decision today please, preferably by about 4/5. Itll give me more time to ring the track and let them know we're coming etc.. so they can see if they are busy and if there's enough karts happy
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Karting ?? - 3rd Jul 2009 7:09pm
1. AlfaCraig
2. Robbo_theMan(?)
3. dave_g(?)
4. sonyj(?)
5. spinking(?)
6. BMW Joe + Sausage(?)
7. Dave100E (and friends)
8. Wheels

That was the original list coupled with recent interest... however its too late to get the track this sunday, not been enough interest Im afraid.

Come on People... will be a fun day out. Bring the wife and kids to watch and cheer you on (or join in if they want)... as well as meeting others from the site and see whos the fastest laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral