Forums
Posted By: StuyMac New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 12:37pm
KSport 8 Pot calipers, with 356mm x 32mm rotors... the phone in the pic is a K800i...

[Linked Image]

And inside the 17" wheel - there is about 3-4mm clearance - just enough room for the balance weights grin

[Linked Image]

Ive also got 330mm rears which use a Vectra twin pot caliper - should stop quite well grin
Posted By: Wench Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 1:48pm
Nice!! happy
Posted By: MissGuided Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 1:50pm
whats the phone got to do with the brakes?
Posted By: Wench Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 2:18pm
To give you an idea of the size MissG!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 2:45pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
To give you an idea of the size MissG!!!

I dare not pass comment raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 2:49pm
It was a genuinely innocent & informative comment that you just had to turn to filth no

Posted By: StuyMac Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 4:25pm
More pics.

Got a call from Apex to test fit them as they had altered the brackets slightly. Everything is just finger tight, and the hydraulics arent connected up. Will get round to fitting them over the next couple of weeks when I can do the rears, master cylinder and fluid change all in one go smile

Standard and new...

[Linked Image]

Fitted..

[Linked Image]

Wheel on...

[Linked Image]

Caliper to wheel clearance - about 3-4mm grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 4:33pm
hahaha you have a k800i.....oh, so do i lol raftl mine is bronze though tease
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 4:42pm
you buy them new Stu?? how much they set you back matey??
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 4:47pm
Apex Web site..

Ive known Bren for about 10 years now - when he was selling Ford stuff before the Nissans took off.

We came to a nice arrangement where he did me a good deal on some stoppers (To which Ive been sworn to secrecy) and I put some Apex / KSport stickers on the car smile
Posted By: spinking Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 6th Mar 2009 11:19pm
nice stu

Question do you drive fast enough to need big brakes raftl

Will you still be running abs with these matey or has that already been binned
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New front brakes for the race car... - 8th Mar 2009 2:06pm
Its a Silvia matey - it was an option when new, and hasnt got any ABS wink

Does your car even have brakes matey - I belive the car must actually move for them to function wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral