Forums
Posted By: IzzZzzY My baby Chrysler is poooooorly !! - 3rd Mar 2009 10:45pm
This car has been fantastic to me.... untill the other day.

Driving along about to go shopping and it started screaming like a dying cat, i pulled over and put it all into park and what not revved the engine a little and it was still screaming, so i went along to my dads garage to see if the lads had any idea, they told me to bring her home and have my dad bring it in when he comes to work, just as i got down corporation road.. it lost all power, it was revving but going absolutly no where.. i turned it off and started it up again and after a little rev it bounced back and stared moving.. then it stopped again.

After litrally crawling up a side road i tried the auto stick and it just wast moving - but anyway.. long story short, i managed to crawl it back to my dads yard, litrally, crawl, at like.. 1/2 mph lol

Got a phone call to say the clutch/gear box was shot and it would cost £600 to get one brought over from America.. then a second phone call to say it was just a filter but i'd need to go over to Chrysler in Liverpool, so off i went (in the sodding car) going through the tunnel.. and you guessed it... she screamed.. i just managed to get out the tunnel and pulled into some road works - blah blah blah, got the filter, oil an what not.. she seems to be running ok so far, but there is a light now on the dash and its somewhat annoying, tis like a lil orange square, i thought it might be engine managment or something ?

But she seems to be jumping forward when i break too, it's already cost me a fortune getting the car, so does anyone have any clue about the breaks, automatic gears/clutch or the stupid annoying light and how i can make it go away ? frown

After being in the Chrysler i hardly want to go back to the Fiesta lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: My baby Chrysler is poooooorly !! - 7th Mar 2009 11:23am
Orange light (a little engine icon) is engine management. Dealers never put things back together again and they have knocked something off or forgot to plug something back in. You'll take it back and they'll charge for finding out something they didn't do.

I presume the screaming is coming from the automatic gearbox. There is a torque converter in there which uses fluid to 'automatically' change gear. Have they checked the fluid level? Again, I think they just changed the box because it was 600 quid as opposed to 50 quid job.

Take it back to the garage and say it isn't fixed! Also, whenever you go into the garage, say you want to see the old parts - tell them not to throw them away!! Always, always, always do this!!
Posted By: jaye46325 Re: My baby Chrysler is poooooorly !! - 19th Mar 2009 8:27pm
sound like transmission fluid to me, and the light will prob be a lambdar sensor in your exhast, prob due to an adlustment in your emmisions, or could be related to the problem with your transmition....what chrysler is it???
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: My baby Chrysler is poooooorly !! - 19th Mar 2009 9:07pm
All fluids and filters and what not have been changed, the ornage light keeps going off but then beeps and comes back on again, the car seems to be running fine now, no squeeking or anything, i had the breaks checked the other day (cas it was jumping forward when breaked) and breaks seem to be fine - i'll just give the thing a good kick to see if it goes away lol oh and its a Neon smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: My baby Chrysler is poooooorly !! - 19th Mar 2009 9:16pm
Auto box has an ECU as well, it'll put up a light if it's buggered. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral