Forums
Posted By: MGCraig What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 19th Feb 2009 11:55am
Ill start the ball rolling..

I learnt in a 2004 1.4 Ford Fiesta. Took me 17 Lessons, although the first 3/4 were discounted after he took a holiday over christmas. In between, drove my mums 1.1 106, and that was a terrible car.

Passed First Time with 8 minors crazy

Took my test at 3.30 on a Friday around Ellesmere Port, when all the schools were finishing. Sheer Madness hahahaha

It'll be 4 years this May laugh
Brand new 2004 Corsa 1.2 in Jan 2004

Started my lessons in a 1998 fiesta with a local instructor, found him to be holding me back

Transferred to BSM, failed the first test, then passed the 2nd one 3 weeks later after 1hr exposure to a brand new car

I passed in Ellesmere Port too, test started at 9.17am.
That was just over 5 years ago

Did Pass Plus about 4 weeks after passing the test
Posted By: Wheels Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 19th Feb 2009 12:35pm
I Passed in a peoguet 206 diesel.

Did mine in ellesmere Port at 15:00hrs (school was let out during)

I got 5 minors (too much speed)

I had to get in the car at the start put my belt on and sound the horn lol
W reg Renault Megane, in Upton.

This was 4th attempt:

1. Leicester
2. Leicester
3. Upton
4. Upton
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 19th Feb 2009 12:54pm
Started off in a ford fiesta '03

Changed my instructor, started driving a 206

Went for my test in upton, examiner was ill. Test rebooked for the week after.

My instructor left the driving company the week I was due to take my test, therefore, had to give up the 206.

An hour before my test, started the driving the new car - a 1996 nissan micra

Passed first time.
I started in a Mk3 Fiesta - M reg I think, and failed after 12 lessons, changed instructors and moved to a 106 Diesel, had another 4 lessons and passed back in dec '96.

I then did pass Plus in the Pug grin
I'm obviously somewhat older than you lot!

Learnt to drive in a Hyundai Pony 1.2 and my own Austin Maestro CityX that I'd done up to look like a MG turbo.

Test 1 - lots of lessons - failed miserably
Test 2 - No lessons - failed miserably
Test 3 - lots of lessons, crashed on way to test but didn't damage car and passed!

Test was round Birkenhead
Passed 1st time just over 10 years ago at Wallasey test centre in a white Suzuki Vitara.
Originally Posted by AR_One
Learnt to drive in a Hyundai Pony

Im waiting for Our Mark to post - he is that old, he prolly did he test on a Pony raftl

I belive he has also been a driving instructor and may be able to give us a tale or two wink
1998 Golf Diesel, passed second time with 4 minors.

Bike test on a 2004 Sach roadster 650cc second time with 1 minor (put my foot down on turn in the road on my first bike test)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 19th Feb 2009 3:34pm
i passed in a puegeot 206 no
No idea what the car was other than it had a new clutch that day, almost got very rude with instructor - but passed anyway.
first car was a toyota yaras an she was poo so changed to bsm an was drivin a corsa passed in that the second time.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 19th Feb 2009 8:22pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
i passed in a puegeot 206 no

withthatme to. raftl failed first time, past second.
i past in a new shape mini lol
1988 nissan sunny with 96000 miles and still on the original clucth not bad for an instructor's car. passed a few years ago well 6th june 1990 it was raining i remember that much and you had to sit in the car and the examiner asked question's on the highway code no multiple choices then.
my missus had the best instructor's car fiesta xr2i 1991 she passed her test after 2 lesson's but driving 9 years on her own in a car on a provisional licence naughty naughty. oh and got a push start of a friendly policeman when her car would'nt start on a provisional on her.
put it this way she's squeaky clean now even sticks to speed limit's now.
Had a 1.4 red Corsa and then a black 1.6 Corsa with BSM.
Thought it was ace.
Posted By: dave_g Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 19th Feb 2009 10:05pm
nissan micra diesel,passed first go with two minor errors.the assessor told me to head back to the test center after just 15 mins an i thought i'd failed!!wanna do the advanced test one day.
1974 Sidcup (south London)in an Austin 1100 - like the one John Cleese drives in Fawlty Towers! They were great for doing hill starts because they used to 'sit back' when you had the clutch held just right!
Passed in 1988 in the same Nissan Sunny as Endoxr4x4...but I passed 1st time!! cool lol
Posted By: Wench Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 20th Feb 2009 4:14am
My lessons were in an Alpha Sud and a Toyota Starlet. I took my test in Bootle, in 1989, in a diamond white xr3i. All was going well until a dog ran out in front of the car and I stopped (perfect emergency stop) and the Instuctor told me off!!

Those that know me will not be surprised to hear that I gave as good as I got. The conversation went roughly thus:

Instructor - you should not have stopped for the dog.

Me - I'd slam on for a bird mate, I'm not killing anything!

Instructor - The car behind you has shunted you from the rear because of it.

Me - His own feckin fault for being so bloody close in the first place!!

Instructor - the children in the back have gone through your windscreen (it wasn't law to have rear seatbelts on back then)

Me - I wouldn't have bloody kids in the car, I hate them - crawling squawking sh!t machines!! Have I failed then??

Instructor - lets just go back to the test centre.

Me - *put my foot down*

He was white by the time we got back to the centre raftl

I've not taken it again since.

Ahem... ALFA Sud happy
Posted By: Waddi Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 20th Feb 2009 8:52am
What test is this then?

Don't tell me you have to do a test for this driving malarky. we're turning into a Nanny State! When does this test have to be done by?

Thought it was bad enough that you have to buy your own screwdriver to open and start these cars that are left on the roadside for us to use, Im not an electrician you know.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 20th Feb 2009 10:14am
A God Dam Micra. Shame of it.
Posted By: kimpri Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 20th Feb 2009 11:12am
Micra I got a cancellation test DEC/95 instructor named Brian had 2 lessons passed 1st time No minors. Examiner Mr Adams wallasey test center. changed brake pads on micra after test F.O.C (brake squeal) worked in garage at time..
Posted By: Wench Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 20th Feb 2009 1:23pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Ahem... ALFA Sud happy

Yeah, just realised my mistake! It was stupid o'clock in the morning and I'd been doing some legal stuff so phonetics were in my mind. I do apologise most humbly Sir bowdown

Dream to drive Craig! If I do end up taking my test again, I'd have one again! The driving instructor was a feisty little redhead, probably mid 30's. I wonder if she is still as feisty today think
1978 Chrysler Sunbeam 1.3. A real rot box, both wings stuffed with newspaper and plastic padding.
Posted By: uggla Re: What Car did you pass your driving test in ??? - 9th Mar 2009 10:18am
I think mine was a micra i really cannot be 100% sure
Originally Posted by Lardcake
1978 Chrysler Sunbeam 1.3. A real rot box, both wings stuffed with newspaper and plastic padding.

brilliant car! happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral