Forums
Posted By: MissGuided THINK - 8th Feb 2009 9:56pm
I thought with speeding being in active topics at the moment I would post this. Its from the thinkroadsafety website. It includes the current advert that is being broadcast.
The crux of it is that there are many consequences to speeding, especially if it causes a fatal accident. The man in the vid is shown living with the consequences daily for the rest of his life.

Read this, watch the video and THINK
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: THINK - 8th Feb 2009 10:38pm
Blah blah blah!

No one will listen, if people are going to speed they will.

You wanna see some real speeding accidents?

Pm me!

They WILL make you slow down wink
Posted By: spinking Re: THINK - 8th Feb 2009 11:59pm
They shold be horrible bad enough to the point that nobody can look at em that could help
Posted By: MGCraig Re: THINK - 9th Feb 2009 12:15am
Theres only ever been 2 video things that have affected me following these campaigns.

The First was the old clip of a child being run over in slow motion, and there being a clown. It was very realistic for the time.

The other showed a young boy, very similar to my awesome little cousin, playing football in the garden. Next minute, a speeding car loses control, and rolls "Over" the hedge of the garden, last thing you see is the little boy looking up in surprise. Hit me hard that one.

As a result, I never speed in a 30 or a 20, and I force myself not to. 40 maybe by a few mph so on and so forth. Any speeding is only done usually due to overtaking.

I stick by that...

I dont Race/Dick around...as I have no need to. Rallying and Karting is where I vent anger etc.....
Posted By: spinking Re: THINK - 9th Feb 2009 12:26am
Some of my non car mates are suprised when they get in the car with me as i dont speed much and hardly ever speed in a 30/40 if i do its 33/45.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: THINK - 9th Feb 2009 12:48am
Yea, I remember Merseycruise mayhem 4, comin home with you and Mk6 Paul in the Fiesta. You didnt go over 60 on the motorway, as we "werent in a rush" as I remember.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral