Forums
Posted By: turbo_stu arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 5:51pm
anyone know someone decent who can roll my front arches for me? i've got abit of tyre to arch contact!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 6:04pm
do it your self bud, piece of cake, use either a dremel to cut them off, or a big lump of brass, so easy.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 6:39pm
[youtube]xGvVBJeJ1XQ[/youtube]
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 7:35pm
well i'll spend a weekend giving it a go, resorted to the bar and hammer last time. and, well, its not too pretty!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 10:23pm
lol, if you need a dremel, im selling mine rather cheap.......
Posted By: hoseman Re: arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 10:27pm
The tool in the vid is available from www.frost.co.uk
They do restoration tools mainly, buy some stuff for car body repairs.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: arch rolling - 27th Jan 2009 10:50pm
I couldnt find the arch roller by a very nice site mr hoseman !
Posted By: StuyMac Re: arch rolling - 28th Jan 2009 8:42am
Cutting the arches can make the wings weak, and like you say Stu, hammer and bar tends to crack the paint frown

I know Tweeks can do it properly, but I dont know what they charge, or of anywhere else nearer frown

Is it for the Rex, are they aluminium wings, and does it have the arch liners still attached?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: arch rolling - 28th Jan 2009 9:59am
makes the wings weak ?? I did it to my civic and many other cars, they didnt change in any way shape or form afterwards, the trick is to leave abit of a lip to keep some strength, but is there a need to keep major strength there, the only problem I can see is people leaning on it !
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: arch rolling - 31st Jan 2009 8:44pm
yep its for the rex, and i'm unsure what they are made of. arch liners are still attached, wheels don't really touch them. think i read tweeks do arch rolling for £45 a side, so i might give them a bell.
Posted By: golfvr Re: arch rolling - 2nd Feb 2009 9:49am
Demon Tweeks @ £45 + vat per arch

P M Moss on St.helens @ £35 (dunno if plus vat) per arch
Posted By: StuyMac Re: arch rolling - 2nd Feb 2009 10:00am
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
yep its for the rex, and i'm unsure what they are made of. arch liners are still attached, wheels don't really touch them. think i read tweeks do arch rolling for £45 a side, so i might give them a bell.

Its a bit more tricky as its the front of the car and you have to allow for the wheel turning as well as traveling up and down.

Is the tyre catching on the actual arch or just the liner? You may get away with removing the liner and bending the brackets that hold the liner in place around the arch...think

If you do remove the liner make sure you underseal the inner arch - especially as its an import wink
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: arch rolling - 2nd Feb 2009 11:10pm
nope it catches on the lip of the arch at an acute angle. right pita
Posted By: golfvr Re: arch rolling - 3rd Feb 2009 6:40am
IM guna book mine in fot the 12th feb... More cars less ££
© Wirral-Wikiwirral