Forums
Posted By: Pomp World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 2:40am
Originally Posted by Dailymail
It's been a pipe dream for 30 years but now the world's first fully available flying car is set to hit the roads next year.

Ever since the Back to the Future movies lit up our screens in the 80s, designers have dreamt of an automobile that could take to the skies at the push of a button.

And now qualified pilots can order their very own Terrafugia Transition 'roadable' plane for just £127,000, with delivery planned for late next year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

For more pictures and information Click Here

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 3:33am
oookaaaay oshocked

Think i`d rather stick with my "inpractable" MR2

wink
instead of going in the mersey tunnel fly over the mersey laugh and land on the M53 smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 10:17am
Originally Posted by Lukeo25
instead of going in the mersey tunnel fly over the mersey laugh and land on the M53 smile

Save £1.40 in tunnel fair, although i am sure the extra cost in fuel will be slightly more than that
hmmm..you too can spend 127K and STILL look like a Grrr!
Posted By: Wench Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 12:04pm
It looks like Mickey Mouse wearing an Always Ultra raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 12:13pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
It looks like Mickey Mouse wearing an Always Ultra raftl

raftl raftl raftl
i want a flying car now smile

they look so cool
Posted By: Wench Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 4:49pm
You'll need a driving license and pilots license first raftl
lmao i know hun
yer I want one lol QUALITY
Posted By: MGCraig Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 5:29pm
That looks utter crap, worse than a Reliant Robin !!!!!

There must be rules as to where you can take off and land. Surely you wont be allowed to go on the M6, get a traffic jam update, drop the wings and go....
yeah even tho it might look crap at least you can fly it if you get bored of driving it. I think you would get places qwicker flyinng it thumbsup
Posted By: MGCraig Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 5:39pm
Reading the website, its apparently a plane first, car second.

The idea is you drive it to and from the house, to your local airport, and fly. Why not just drive to your local airport, where you keep your plane anyway, which will probably be bigger and faster, and take more people???

Once flying, if weather conditions worsen, you can land, and continue the journey on the road.

Brilliant concept, but it wont work. its not practical enough. Driving itself is very enjoyable and pleasureable, why mess with it? I can imagine it having no performance on the road whatsoever, and with shocking rear/side visibility.
Posted By: Dave100e Re: World's first flying car on the roads 2009 - 8th Jan 2009 9:32pm
They made one in the 60's. They sold about five and i think theres only two left, one in a mess, and theres only one in working condition. I saw a bit in a mag about them, and James May flew one.

They looked gash.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral