Forums
Posted By: MGCraig 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 23rd Dec 2008 9:48pm
Ok, time to own up everyone. Who uses 1 bucket when washing their pride and joy??
Posted By: dave_g Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 23rd Dec 2008 10:23pm
only need one,two is juust a waste of time!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 23rd Dec 2008 10:51pm
depends if u are a wannabe detailer lol... most use the two bucket method - but one is fine for just a general wash.

personally, i'll just put mine through the carwash, knowing it will no doubt come out dirtier and covered in swirly scratches - but hey, it's a bin anyway lol
Posted By: dave_g Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 23rd Dec 2008 11:02pm
the whole two bucket thing is just a gimmick!if you wash a car properly and use decent products your car will look fine!
Posted By: DavidB Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 23rd Dec 2008 11:16pm
What does two buckets mean? I usually wash it, and then throw the dirty remnants over the top and then hose it down!

I got 50 quid Halfords vouchers from my last place of work and I got some Meguairs three stage stuff with it. I must say it really does bring out the shine in it!! I haven't washed it in over four months though! How people do this EVERY WEEK!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 24th Dec 2008 12:18am
Some people make it their job to do it every week.

2 Buckets can mean one of 2 things, either using one bucket to rinse the car with, and another to apply the soap etc...

The other way is to use one bucket for rinsing and soap etc, and the other bucket simply to rinse brushes, wash mitts , sponges etc in. That way, apparently, you prevent rubbing small stones into the paintwork, hence making the swirling scratches.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 24th Dec 2008 10:11am
I use 2 buckets

First one to wash the whole car.

Second one to wash any missed bits, arches and wheels (white wheels are a tw*t to keep clean)

Then hose it down if I can be bothered.

I used to wash & hoover my car every weekend, but don't bother that much any more, once every month or two
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 24th Dec 2008 10:17am
Well, I think I use 1 bucket on either of the cars - take note here - I wash both cars!!! (what's that all about???). Anyhoo, 1 bucket to put the soap on, doing bodywork first, then trims and tyres. Then rinse it with hose or karcher thingy.

Neither car has had a wash for about 3 months frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 24th Dec 2008 2:03pm
one for me

jet wash first. then wash the whole car washing the arches and wheels last. Then rinse finshing of with a shammy
Posted By: dave_g Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 24th Dec 2008 9:20pm
if one bucket is good enough for the trade, its good enough for me!my cars normally good for their age due to regular washing an a good wax!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 1 Bucket or 2 ?? - 24th Dec 2008 9:24pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Ok, time to own up everyone. Who uses 1 bucket when washing their pride and joy??

i use none, just a jetwash and a sponge with soap, then a jetwash off (hot water) wink yerrr!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral