Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 23rd Dec 2008 11:16am
havent got them wired up yet tho blahhhh lol - dont trust myself to drill through the firewall and cant seem to find the bloody grommit haha

anyways, got them bits waiting to fo in, and decided to replace my front door speakers so got these to order:

Hertz Dieci DSK 165
[Linked Image]

and JBL GTO-504 to power them
[Linked Image]

will not be ordering the amp til end of jan tho as i cant really afford to until then!

should sound good once ive got everything all wired up tho!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 23rd Dec 2008 2:28pm
how muchio?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 23rd Dec 2008 3:17pm
Got a pay rise Davey? lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 23rd Dec 2008 5:09pm
£75 for speakers and about £80-85 for the amp lol

pay rise? i wish :))
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 20th Jan 2009 6:55pm
well got some slightly different speakers, listed as the same model but mine have a V cone where the ones i originally looked at have outward pointing cone... paid £60 for the speakers and £85 for the amp smile - just need to get a distribution block and get these wired into my setup.

calling into b&q tomorrow to pick up some mdf, probably 2 large sheets... planning to design my own enclosure for the subs and embed it into a false floor in my boot. should look pretty good pnce it's all carpeted!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 23rd Jan 2009 9:00pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
calling into b&q tomorrow to pick up some mdf, probably 2 large sheets... planning to design my own enclosure for the subs and embed it into a false floor in my boot. should look pretty good pnce it's all carpeted!

I that tried, I failed.

See the first page of my MMC (https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/60696/1.html)

IMO, jibb all that heavy wood in your boot (unless you've already started)

If you do go ahead with it, make sure the subs are fully enclosed otherwise, like me, you will FAIL
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: well, got my amp and subs... now this! - 23rd Jan 2009 10:23pm
make sure the box is sealed with silicone and that its of a correct size eg holds the correct volume of air otherwise it will sound shit. Good look though, I made mine out of mdf and then had it all fiberglassed smoothed and then painted by a bodyshop
© Wirral-Wikiwirral