Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 12:38pm
Pistonheads Link

I am absolutely fooking Gutted. My favourite MotorSport team in the entire world. They got me into the damn sport.

Suzuki have also backed out this week, after only one real season in the WRC.

STUPID fooking ECONOMIC CRISIS !!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 1:18pm
WOW, LOOKS LIKE THE SLUMP IN CAR SALES IS AFFECTING EVERY ONE.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 2:19pm
Dont forget the BTCC as well - Seat have dropped out, and I expect others will before the next seaon starts frown
Posted By: Wench Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 2:39pm
Gutted!! no
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 3:42pm
omg..lost for words
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 4:27pm
omg
Posted By: Wench Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 4:29pm
Looks like I got my Subaru WRC Team fleece just at the right time then raftl
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 11:08pm
I reckon its a bad move for Subaru.

Its ok for Honda, Suzuki and SEAT to drop out, the can sell cars in their own right. Subaru completely relies on competitive motorsport to sell cars. Its what put them on the map the world over.

If you turn the wrc on your going to want the car thats winning it over a car not even entering it.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 11:12pm
Originally Posted by Dave100e
I reckon its a bad move for Subaru.

Its ok for Honda, Suzuki and SEAT to drop out, the can sell cars in their own right. Subaru completely relies on competitive motorsport to sell cars. Its what put them on the map the world over.

If you turn the wrc on your going to want the car thats winning it over a car not even entering it.

I agree, The subaru impreza is so desirable because its a road going rally car.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 11:26pm
You see the WRC..you see an Impreza, you want Impreza, so you buy one..4WD and everyting.

You see a Citroen C4 WRC, you want C4, so you buy one.. But it an underpowered, front wheel drive turboed diesel.

Im hoping that this is just a Hiatus, maybe for 2-3 year. Hopefully the Japanese are playing their cards right, before the crisis destroys them. Just have to wait and find out till then frown frown
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 11:39pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
You see the WRC..you see an Impreza, you want Impreza, so you buy one..4WD and everyting.

You see a Citroen C4 WRC, you want C4, so you buy one.. But it an underpowered, front wheel drive turboed diesel.

I get what your going at and i agree, but if your a rally fan, and you go into a dealership selling citroens and subarus, they both sell a 4 door hatch which they rally, both of which you can buy with a DIEsel engine because you cant afford the Full on STi jobby or even a C4 VTS your going to buy the C4 because every WRC rally the Subaru misses and the C4 wins is a notch more street cred for the C4.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 16th Dec 2008 11:56pm
My bros got a 1.6 VTR TD...rapid as anything. Really nice car to drive....but its just not an Impreza. I think Subaru will always hold that position.

Like the Lancer. Everyone knows it because of its rallying. But people generally only like the Lancer becaue they dont like the Subaru...but thats another story wink
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Subaru Quit WRC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 19th Dec 2008 9:41pm
ha ha. I get what you mean. I just think WRC is very important.

I dont think it holds the reverance it used to when there was loads of competitors though, just like BTCC, and pretty much every other motorsport these days.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral