Forums
Posted By: hyundai window washer - 14th Dec 2008 12:16pm
My car passed its MOT without much of a problem. Its a 9 year old car and ONLY needed a wiper blade. great!

But two days after the MOT, my Window Washer broken. I've used a pin to push into the little holes incase there was any grit, but no luck.

I opened the bonnet and had a look at the rubber pipe and taken it out of the thing that it comes out of above the bonnet (sorry i dont know the name for it) but still no luck.

Any ideas? Looks like i'll have to take it to get it fixed at some point. Bit skint now though, so any free ideas would be nice.
Posted By: DavidB Re: window washer - 14th Dec 2008 1:03pm
If you can't hear a whirring noise, it means the pump has gone. It's usually located on the bottle that holds the water.
Sometimes there is a little filter on the nozzle on the pump, this can get blocked as well. Don't use washing up liquid or soap as this clogs the system up, use that blue watery stuff. wink
Posted By: hyundai Re: window washer - 14th Dec 2008 3:27pm
you can hear the whirring noise, it just seems clogged. There seems to be little bits in it. The car was sitting there for 2 years and i recently started using it again and it runs absolutely fine and i've been topping the water up with the right stuff but i just think it has clogged over time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral