Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin ICE: something to annoy me neighbours lol - 2nd Dec 2008 12:18am
nah just kiddin, gonna buy this i think - bday this weekend so gonna treat myself...

£150 seems fairly reasonable

click
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ICE: something to annoy me neighbours lol - 2nd Dec 2008 9:17am
hmmmm, good buy that, tempted my self mate.
So long as you're not MY neighbour lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: ICE: something to annoy me neighbours lol - 2nd Dec 2008 10:06am
Aye, not bad that mate

Get pics up when you get it
Posted By: CustomIce Re: ICE: something to annoy me neighbours lol - 2nd Dec 2008 10:26am
Looks like a decent deal that, there's a Kicker one on this week too, but its only a single 12" sub, that kenwood setup looks nicer too.
yea a single sub would probably be more than enough for me anyway but quite liking the look of this for £150 lol - would have liked a box that fitted snug in my boot but wouldnt have the patience to make my own and would no doubt be shite lol
just noticed this package for a tenner more...

Click

i have a question if anyone could tell me... if i have 2 x 1200W subs, to get the full power potential from them would i require the 2400W amp? (it's only 2 channels so will be dedicated to the subs only and not other small speakers etc)

[Linked Image]

ta
Posted By: MGCraig Re: ICE: something to annoy me neighbours lol - 3rd Dec 2008 6:43pm
If you want plenty of power in reserve, the 2400w amp is good.

As a comparison though, Ive got a 1000w 12"Sub being powered by a 400w amp, and its plenty powerful enough to shake the windows. I dont use 6x9s because with such a small car, thats overkill in my view also looks crap)

Also, Ive set the sub up to perform mainly as a Subwoofer, but also as a speaker, so I dont need the 6x9 in the first place. Bass from that is still pretty impressive
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ICE: something to annoy me neighbours lol - 3rd Dec 2008 6:52pm
The 1200w shite is Peak mate, they only 400w RMS from what I can gather. If the sub is giving 2400w RMS id be surprised, but say its giving 1000w, it will be more than powerful enough for the subs alongside some speakers.

Unless you really push it too far, it should do the job. Its a shame car audio places never give RMS ratings, because PMPO mean jack shit, I guess its because chavs like to think they have 4000w of power in their soundsystem and that is who the sellers appeal to.

You wont stress an amp that big, unless you really really push it up. Thats the idea of it. You may find that you will need a power cap though, if it is 1000w RMS or greater.

Personally, I like to go for higher impedence, 8ohms+, but like I say, car audio is all about boasting big numbers, rather than actually giving loud and crystal clear sound, as it should sound.
i'll see if i can find more specs lol... should be something on the kenwood site for the subs and juice for their amp lol

doesnt mean shite to me either way :haha: !!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral