Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 7:24pm
Fastest Scirocco to be badged R20T and borrow engine from Audi S3.

[Linked Image]

The Scirocco is hotting up! A pumped-up version of VW's Golf-based coupe is on the way to be badged the R20T.

It will take its styling cues from the GT24 racer, unveiled last year, and looks set to offer a range of performance enhancing modifications including a wider track with flared wheel arches. The newcomer will also get an aggressive body kit and lowered suspension, as well as a bespoke interior, featuring bucket seats and a sued rimmed steering wheel.

Drivers will be offered a choice of manual and seven speed semi automatic gearbox, but instead of using the thirsty and heavy 3.2-litre V6 from the last generation Golf R32, it will be fitted with more fuel efficient 261bhp 2.0-litre turbo unit from the Audi S3.

The fastest Scirroco yet is due to appear early in 2010. News of the model comes hot on the heels of further details on VW's ambitious plans for a whole family of Scirocco badged cars, including a cabriolet and ultra fuel efficient bluemotion model.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 8:35pm
That is fooking fit, wow i want it
Posted By: MGCraig Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 8:48pm
Tis Utterly Utterly Gorgeous that. They should jibb the Golf off...itll never be as good as the origina. Either that or change its styling, and keep this for the Scirocco.... laugh laugh
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 8:49pm
i want one
Posted By: Wench Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:26pm
I wanted a Scirocco when they came out many many years ago - and now i want one again!!
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:27pm
oooooooooooooooo i really want one i wonder if father xmas will bring me one raftl
Posted By: MGCraig Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:33pm
No Scott, he wont.
Posted By: dave_g Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:34pm
dont cry but he aint real...
Posted By: Wench Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:36pm
Scott is real!!
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:37pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
No Scott, he wont.

nono iv been a good boy so i dnt see why he wont raftl

Originally Posted by dave_g

somad he is my parents told me so raftl
Posted By: dave_g Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:38pm
i meant father xmas ya big jay thats pagan!
Posted By: Wench Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:39pm
Well who is going to fill my stockings with the contents of his sack this christmas then!?!
Posted By: dave_g Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:39pm
Originally Posted by Mondeo_Scott
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
No Scott, he wont.

nono iv been a good boy so i dnt see why he wont raftl

Originally Posted by dave_g

somad he is my parents told me so raftl

i hate to be the one to tell you this but your parents....
Posted By: dave_g Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:40pm
are really nice people!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:42pm
Oh dear Pagan.....

Your find large,old hairy men with large sacks a turn on??

raftl raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 9:50pm
As long as the sack isn't old and ready to fall apart. I prefer my sacks a tad younger than Santa and can't stand mohair! Socks are always a welcome addition!
Posted By: Wench Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 28th Nov 2008 10:24pm
Stop putting words in my mouth Craig raftl
Posted By: dave_g Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 12:01am
craig stop puttin tings in peoples gobs!!!
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 12:02am
he cant help it omg
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 3:21am
saw a scirocco in dundee, nice shiny white one... but this looks mental... would look perfect parked on my drive way
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 10:10am
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
saw a scirocco in dundee, nice shiny white one... but this looks mental... would look perfect parked on my drive way

bugger parking it...it would be gettin thrashed from pillar to post in the depths of wales somewhere!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 12:35pm
All legally tho mind raftl raftl

Dont forgets peoples, that picture is of the Race Car they made. Itll hopefully be similar to that, but Im guessing without the ridiculously Large Rear Wing, and chopped down in size. Still a stunning car though, the standard one is.
Posted By: stumpy Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 1:10pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic

bugger parking it...it would be gettin thrashed from pillar to post in the depths of wales somewhere!

is that an admission of dangerous driving from a traffic officer? think
Posted By: hoseman Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 29th Nov 2008 3:38pm
Owned a couple of Scirocco`s in the past, loved them, manual and auto! My best was a maroon with alloys, battered it to hell and back AND it moved some!! Used to eat Sierras (spit!!) and XR3i`s!!
Heres one off the topic!
I used to own and drive one of the fastest Ladas around!!! Impressed??
Used to blow Cortinas and Capris off the mark!!!
Had Fiat twin cam 2.0 litre and 5 speed box fitted!!
The poor look of horror on their faces in my rear view mirror!! Classic kodac moment!! raftl
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 30th Nov 2008 1:35pm
Originally Posted by stumpy
Originally Posted by Auditastic

is that an admission of dangerous driving from a traffic officer? think

Dangerous driving..whereby my standard of driving falls far below that of a careful and competent driver...
I think not old chap....

For there are many roads within the welsh hills whereby the national speed limit applies of 60 mph...and that is plenty fast enough....

oh..and you forget...advanced Police drivers are considered to be expert witnesses in court re the standard and manner of
driving.

better luck next time.....
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: VW readying hottest Scirocco yet! - 30th Nov 2008 1:36pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Owned a couple of Scirocco`s in the past, loved them, manual and auto! My best was a maroon with alloys, battered it to hell and back AND it moved some!! Used to eat Sierras (spit!!) and XR3i`s!!
Heres one off the topic!
I used to own and drive one of the fastest Ladas around!!! Impressed??
Used to blow Cortinas and Capris off the mark!!!
Had Fiat twin cam 2.0 litre and 5 speed box fitted!!
The poor look of horror on their faces in my rear view mirror!! Classic kodac moment!! raftl

bless and you actually admit owning a lada....never mind
© Wirral-Wikiwirral