Forums
Posted By: DavidB Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 12:31pm
I kinda like these:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The VXR-R is the Race VXR model. With many parts of racing pedigree installed, 20% more power, competition developed suspension, racing brakes, limited slip differential and lightweight racing wheels, this is a track ready VXR that nothing can touch on the road.

CHASSIS.

* TMS Race Suspension, with Uprated Springs and Dampers, 40mm Lower.
* TMS Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup
* TMS Competition Limited Slip Differential

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN.

* TMS Race Exhaust by Milltek Sport with unique black tipped exhaust tailpipe.
* TMS Performance Front Mounted Intercooler
* TMS Stage 3 Engine Remap

BRAKES.

* 4 Piston Racing Brake Kit
* Uprated Brake Pads Front & Rear

WHEELS & TYRES.

* TMS 18” Lightweight Alloy Wheels by Team Dynamics with Unique Green Lip
* Dunlop SportMaxx Ultra Performance Tyres

BODYWORK.

* Unique VXR-S Detailing & Badges
* Limited Edition Plaque & Ownership Certificate

PERFORMANCE.

* 0-60mph: 4.9 Seconds
* Top Speed: 170 MPH
* Max. BHP: 300 BHP
* Max. Torque: 340 ft/lbs

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Limited_Edition.shtml

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 12:58pm
May be vauxhal hinting at a possible replacement championship for the now defunct Leon Cupra cup??

I hope they do, cos the Toca tour needs a stepup programme, but I also hope they dont either....cos I wont even think about trying to do touring cars in a few years if I have to work on or drive them.

As you probably already know, major Vauxhall hater here...
Posted By: Wench Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 2:48pm
I hate to say it, and I never thought I would utter these words but I like it too!

Not a fan of Vauxhalls either, but that is a very sexy beast of a car. Don't think it would work in another colour though. JMPO
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 3:30pm
how much are these, i want one, i bet there fun as fook to drive, all that bhp in such a small car oshocked
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 3:54pm
Corsa S is £18,300
Astra S is £23,000
Corsa R is £22,500
Astra R is £26,300

The Thorney graphics are an option at £1000 omg
Posted By: sonyj Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 5:18pm
black cars with black wheels a no no ...lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 5:19pm
looks great... and £1k for gfx that look hideous? before i saw the prices i was gonna post something like "that car without the gfx would look spot on"
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 5:41pm
How about tuning a Veccy VXR? The Veccy is the only Vauxhall I think looks great to begin with!!
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 5:45pm
Thats well nice
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 7:38pm
im likin this myself especially the astra just im not a fan of corsa,s probs cos there small and im not raftl but still looks nice
Posted By: dave_g Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 8:59pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
May be vauxhal hinting at a possible replacement championship for the now defunct Leon Cupra cup??

I hope they do, cos the Toca tour needs a stepup programme, but I also hope they dont either....cos I wont even think about trying to do touring cars in a few years if I have to work on or drive them.

remind me wot u drive again?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 10:08pm
Originally Posted by dave_g

lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 10:39pm
They're not actually being made by Vauxhall, I think they're limited to a few numbers.
The new VXR was "supposed" to be rear wheel drive, as Prodrive were contracted to do the conversion (on the mk4 Astra). Not sure what happened.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 10:46pm
Originally Posted by Station
They're not actually being made by Vauxhall, I think they're limited to a few numbers.
The new VXR was "supposed" to be rear wheel drive, as Prodrive were contracted to do the conversion (on the mk4 Astra). Not sure what happened.
most are waitin on the next high performance 4x4 vauxhall (the last bein the calibra)there was a under cover car spotted on a trailer a while ago,an irmscher will have somethin to do with it..
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 11:08pm
irmscher just do styling mods tho, dont they? thought courtney and thorney were there main tuning 'branches'?

Edit: forgive me, just been on irmschers website lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 11:39pm
looks ok i think
Posted By: dave_g Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 11:40pm
irmscher are to vauxhall what cosworth were to ford.
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 11:42pm
difference is cosworth are a respected name and make decent cars were vauxhall well i think the only decent car they ave made is the vectra VXR do i need to carry on
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 21st Nov 2008 11:42pm
irmscher are to vauxhall what cosworth were to ford.

i stand corrected after seeing the website, i thought they just did (bloody expensive) styling bits lol... bit like amg and mercedes? and nismo and nissan... blah blah lol?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 12:37am
Originally Posted by Mondeo_Scott
difference is cosworth are a respected name and make decent cars were vauxhall well i think the only decent car they ave made is the vectra VXR do i need to carry on

Cosworth make cars? I thought they made engines (one of which ended up in a Vauxhall). Are you sure Vauxhall have only made one decent car? Can you say this without actually driving the cars?

Irmscher USED to do proper race engine tuning, etc. like Blydenstein. They were retired by GM and now they make chav stick-on crap.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 12:49am
Originally Posted by Station
Originally Posted by Mondeo_Scott

Cosworth make cars? I thought they made engines (one of which ended up in a Vauxhall). Are you sure Vauxhall have only made one decent car? Can you say this without actually driving the cars?

Irmscher USED to do proper race engine tuning, etc. like Blydenstein. They were retired by GM and now they make chav stick-on crap.

lol i think (hope) he mis-typed wot he said

some of the vx kit looks good anyway, imo (the xp kit on the astra)
Posted By: sonyj Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 9:48am
wot about steimetz and vuxhall....lol
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 6:00pm

Well, as of January/February next year, an Alfa Romeo 146.
What a surprise YOU had to try and make it personal again though..
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 6:02pm
popcorn
Posted By: dave_g Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 7:49pm

Well, as of January/February next year, an Alfa Romeo 146.
What a surprise YOU had to try and make it personal again though..
aint bein personal,its just that u are rippin some good cars whilst driving a really bad one!irmscher made a beutiful roadster not long ago to mark their 40th anniversary complete with a big v8,fair enough they do make their money more on styling now but would hardly call it cheap an nasty!
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 10:35pm
These are cool.

Im loving the 'factory style' big name aftermarket attention that the hot hatches like these and the ST models are getting. It makes the car into what the engineers intended but without the compromises necessery out of the factory.

Bring em on i say.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 10:41pm
strong point there mr dave100e, would love a fiesta st for next car. gf has a 1.25 fiesta which corners like it's on rails (obviously isnt fast in a straight line lol) but fun to drive and sticks to the road like glue lol
Posted By: dave_g Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 11:10pm
probably aint as great as a 1.0 micra through the bends butmy old gte on spax was great round the prom!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 11:15pm
I wasnt rippin the cars Dave, just expressin my opinion on the modern cars. Wen it comes to Vauxhalls, I stopped liking them around the time the Vectra was introduced, Im an old school Griffin fan.. Would absolutely love a Chevette HSR... I utterly despise the corsa and the current astra..hence why I dont like these.

I love the old mkI and mkII Astras..and Nova rally cars are God.
As I say, just the modern ones have taken a big step down.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 22nd Nov 2008 11:45pm
I wasnt rippin the cars Dave, just expressin my opinion on the modern cars. Wen it comes to Vauxhalls, I stopped liking them around the time the Vectra was introduced, Im an old school Griffin fan.. Would absolutely love a Chevette HSR... I utterly despise the corsa and the current astra..hence why I dont like these.

i'd say the latest astra (sporthatch)is the closest to the mk2 we are ever gonna see!i aint driven one yet but as for a mk2 gte i have!they rock!!!i know u have a good taste deep down mate,vauxhalls aint too bad!!!
Posted By: jonah Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 23rd Nov 2008 9:22am

thought you liked my toy ? u drooled over it enough the first time u saw it......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 23rd Nov 2008 5:06pm
Im with Matty in that the only good current modern Vauxhall in my view is the Vectra Vixer...Astra and the Corsa are a waste in my view. So dont worry Jonah.... Still adore your rocket..
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 23rd Nov 2008 5:45pm

I never said you where. I wasnt even replying to your comment either. I prefer the Old School stuff myself, hence the long line of old cars. I just think its brill the proper aftermarket support cars are getting these days as opposed to dodgy bodykits and not very good upgrades of the last 20 years or so.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 23rd Nov 2008 6:51pm
Wrong Dave, Dave. happy

This is getting confusing hahahahaha
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 24th Nov 2008 8:55am
At least Thorney are basing these cars on some of their Dunlop Maxx Sport Cup experience.

....unlike the Vectra VX-Racing use in the BTCC :Think:

Posted By: DavidB Re: Thorney Motorsport Astra/Corsa VXR-R/S - 24th Nov 2008 11:31am
The Vectra VXR just doesn't do anything for me, and I think the Astra and Corsa are aimed at pretty boy hairdressers to be honest - they're just an example of a mass production manufacturer nearly getting it right.

The old Cavalier GSi and Turbo were really good cars, I think those were the last good cars Vauxhall/Opel actually made.
I'm with Dave, I just prefer old school cars.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral