Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Raikkonen Vows to Help Massa - 30th Oct 2008 1:19am
Kimi Raikkonen has vowed to do all he can to help Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa succeed him as world champion.

Massa is seven points behind British leader Lewis Hamilton in the title race, which will be decided in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos.

"I'll be glad if I can do something for Felipe so he can win the title," said Raikkonen.

Massa added: "It's a team sport and both me and Kimi know we have to do what is best for the team."

Last season, Massa surrendered the lead at Interlagos to hand Raikkonen victory and the title, by a single point from Hamilton.

Raikkonen returned the favour at this season's Chinese Grand Prix, boosting Massa's title chances by allowing the Brazilian to easily pass him for second place.

On home soil in Brazil, Massa needs to finish first or second to have a chance of denying Hamilton, and is relying on the full support of his team.

BBC Sport Report

Imagine if you were Lewis Hamilton, how stressed out you'd be knowing that for some reason, half the field want to deny you of your first championship win.

I know its happened for as long as F1 has been around, but it saddens me that people take it much further than being the "Faster" man and winning races.

Expect to see some shady/risque overtaking manouvre at some point this weekend, that will just so happen Take Lewis out.

If I were him now, Id concentrate on letting Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso battle and keep the podium. He only needs a 5th and the crown is his. Thatd stump them for sure.

COME ON LEWIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral