Forums
Posted By: Wench Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 8:06pm
As seen on Police Interceptors tonight - If Only every force had one or two of these raftl

Attached picture lambo police car.jpg
Posted By: mike849 Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 8:12pm
cant see many police forces buying that!!!
Posted By: dave_g Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 8:14pm
is that the one they confiscated an used as a chase car?
Posted By: Wench Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 8:18pm
The Met have one - I believe it was £140k. No idea if it's the one that was confiscated - further investigation required I think.
Posted By: mike849 Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 8:21pm
well the met would they are the biggest police force! cant see them using it to chase criminals though!
Posted By: Wench Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 8:29pm
That's what I thought, but they do have another one. I've also found some other seriously sweet Police cars!!

Description: Other Met Car
Attached picture 96389D4078E38B96259DA82E7339AC.jpg

Description: Italian Police Car
Attached picture 681899E82C63592997498BBDDDC5C2.jpg
Attached picture AC581049C3682635D3B6F3AE01262.jpg
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:12pm
Im sure there was a Police Lotus Elise at some point...

Anyway, I'd still prefer the Impreza Police Cruiser..

I think the first Impreza unit used by the police was based on Merseyside and North Wales...to catch the Bikers on the Welsh Roads. Only cars that could keep up with them on the tight and twisty roads laugh
Posted By: Wench Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:26pm
Is this the one you mean Craig??

Attached picture lotus elise police car.jpg
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:27pm
Its funny until you are the tax payer footing the bill for this gross mismanagement of funds!
Posted By: Wench Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:31pm
Ahhhhhhhhhh I was waiting for someone to say that raftl The Lambo was actually donated by Lamborghini free of charge. That was my first thought, so I did some digging happy
Posted By: mike849 Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:33pm
can i have a free lambo?!
Posted By: Wench Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:39pm
No, but you can have a free lamb with extra go-faster legs raftl

Attached picture lamb_wideweb__470x352,0.jpg
Posted By: mike849 Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:40pm
yipee it is free!
Posted By: Pomp Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 17th Oct 2008 9:51pm
watch police interceptors ep1 and ep2 here

http://demand.five.tv/Series.aspx?seriesBaseName=PoliceInterceptors
Posted By: Mr_T5 Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 18th Oct 2008 11:34am
East Sussex Police have an elise

[Linked Image]

The italian police Lambo is used to transport organs to hospitals and is not a pursuit vehicle.

Posted By: Dave100e Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 18th Oct 2008 4:18pm
Itd make sense for them to buy hot hatches such as ST's and VXR's or even Vectra VXR's. I know in some areas they use 5 series beemers and X type jags and cars along those lines. So instead of dropping up to £30,000 or more in a slow ass 520 drop £20,000 into an ST or VXR Astra.

You know it makes sense.
Posted By: Mr_T5 Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 18th Oct 2008 4:21pm
Number of doors mate, thats the problem
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 18th Oct 2008 6:47pm
You can get a 4 door ST and a 4 door GTi and many other hot cars come as 4 doors. Low end Evo's and Scoobies come into the £20,000 mark too.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 19th Oct 2008 10:03am
hate to tell you boys..we pay ALOT less than that for the cars..
We pay bt 12k for a vxr and about 14k for a volvo T5..and about 14k for a Bmw 535d..
Its all the extra kit and electronics/battenburg.lights/vascar/anpr/calibration that turn them into 80k monsters....
we were offered scoobys a while ago on a super cheap 3 yr lease scheme..where we could run them for 3 yrs..and sell them after with bout 100k on the clock..and made a profit. Our bosses said no..they were too "aggressive".
so dont tell me we misuse public funds....
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 19th Oct 2008 10:04am
and its not just about number of doors...the boot has got to be big enough to carry around all the kit..so astras golfs etc arent any use....
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Now who wants to be a Traffic Copper lol - 19th Oct 2008 2:39pm
Fair enough. How about Mondeos with the 2.5 in estate form smile Still far more usefull then any 5 series.

Any chance of getting a VXR on the cheap then eh.

Upton had an unmarked scooby for a bit and an ST Mondeo estate too. I reckon Scobby estates are perfect bobby cars.
we never had an unmarked scooby..and i worked at upton for 3 yrs!
we did have a st200 marked mondeo and it was a shed...
Our force have no consistency when it comes to buying cars...we go with whatevers cheapest seemingly.
We get cars on test all the time..we try them..and evaluate them afterwards...but fleet management just seem to ignore our requests and go with whatevers cheap.
They wont go to an entire fleets of Vauxhalls or BMWs as they are paranoid incase the company goes bankrupt and they cant get parts for it...
The mondeo 2.5 just isnt quick enough....
We have been told we are going to get 335d and 535d estates because BMW are paying for our mechanics to get get trained up..and offering us the cars very cheap aswell as the spare parts and diagnostic machines cheap too.
and as for a vxr..The cheapest I can get you a brand new manual hatchback one for £22,248...OTR...plus my commision!
With the flashing lights too!!!???
lol..the flashing lights are extra....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral