Forums
Posted By: MrPhil New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 17th Oct 2008 11:51am
Looks Nice in Blue..... Production Model Also..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Place I seen the pics....

http://passionford.com/forum/showthread.ph...158#post3663158
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 17th Oct 2008 11:54am
I dont think it looks bad just a bit OTT maybe - like all the vents have been bought from the local Halfords and then stuck on think
Posted By: MrPhil Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 17th Oct 2008 11:58am
They have tryed to modernise the old RS vents and have failed. The vents would of looked better if they were further apart maybe abit wider.

Spot lights need to be more angular to round for the front end.
Posted By: dave_g Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 17th Oct 2008 7:37pm
yeah the shape shape of the spot lights would really put me off.... withstupid
Posted By: MGCraig Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 17th Oct 2008 7:40pm
Looks good...as Stuy says mabe a bit OTT..

oh, and very "Fiesta-ish" if you know what I mean
Posted By: mike849 Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 17th Oct 2008 7:45pm
it looks like a fiesta st that crashed into halfords!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 18th Oct 2008 11:12am
girls girls girls, put ur handbags down

anyway.... yea it does look very fiesta-ish but i imagine that's more down to the angle the photos were taken

im not overly keen on the styling, too much going on around the front, and since that is all we can really see, i can only make the assumption it's going to be overkill all round the car... even if it goes like shit!

the pics taken in topgears article looked better

Click
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 20th Oct 2008 5:32pm
what with the gay plastic vents, that are blanked? i'm talking about the ones under the headlights, and the two either side the huge middle one? would look fine without these. can't wait to road test it!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 20th Oct 2008 6:16pm
I dont agree with that Davey my man. The Top gear Pics make it look like a Tonka Toy..and it looks way too high.

Performance, and a Hatchback??

Im a gonna go for the New Impreza....
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
what with the gay plastic vents, that are blanked? i'm talking about the ones under the headlights, and the two either side the huge middle one? would look fine without these. can't wait to road test it!

im guessing the two below the headlights r maybe washer jets? could be wrong tho

Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
I dont agree with that Davey my man. The Top gear Pics make it look like a Tonka Toy..and it looks way too high.

Performance, and a Hatchback??

Im a gonna go for the New Impreza....

looks no higher than the one in them pics... altho it's difficult to tell either way from the angle the shots were taken... and do remember that is sitting on grass tease

the new impreza? no thanks
Posted By: Dave100e Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 20th Oct 2008 8:31pm
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin

the new impreza? no thanks

I agree. All i have to say to them is euuuggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh i threw up a little bit. Even the STi.

Every RS Ford has to be a bit silly or extreme.

The MK2 RS2000 had a nosecone, the RS Turbo had a love it or hate it slipper and wrong wheel drive, the Series 2 RS Turbo had those bonnet vents, The RS500 and EsCos had the whaletails, the Saff cossie had the bonnet vents then 4x4, The Focus RS had another love it or hate it slipper. So the new RS has to have something controversial or its not a proper RS.
Posted By: dave_g Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 20th Oct 2008 9:57pm
whilst it aint a s1 it is in keeping with the fast fords of old! even the mk5 rs2000 had bonnet bulges,an they were'nt that good!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 21st Oct 2008 2:07am
You say that... But I was never a fan of the RS2000. Normal MK2s were much much much much prettier....

Controversial doesnt mean makng the car look like a lesser "Daily-shopping-car" Fiesta...

If you want an award for that, at least the Impreza looks like a Mazda/Hyundai/Alfa Romeo etc... Thats very controversial....and yet will still be a better car than the Focus. Also, I must admit, being an Impreza lover all my life... I dont like the new Hatchback....but after seeing and hearing one in the flesh...its definately a welcome change. It stops all the Chavvy Ellesmere port families owning one for sure....
Posted By: CustomIce Re: New Focus RS in Blue, Production Model... - 21st Oct 2008 8:53am
It looks like they've taken styling cues from the Evo X.

Its been said already, it does look overstyled.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral