Forums
Posted By: StuyMac MkVI Golf - GTI - 2nd Oct 2008 8:25am
The next Golf....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Pistonheads
Volkswagen was obviously keen to take the wraps off the new Golf GTI as it presented the car to waiting press before 8am at the Paris Motor Show. Three Mark 6 GTIs graced the VW stand – in blue, white and red – and the cars looked fantastic in the flesh.

The press blurb used the word ‘concept’ but it was clear that the GTI is production ready and will come with a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine. The GTI will pack 210bhp - 10bhp more than the outgoing model - and is capable of 155mph.

The car will go on sale early next year and for the first time the GTI is fitted with the XDS integrated electronic limited-slip differential as a standard feature of the ESP system. It is 22mm lower than the standard Golf and drivers can choose between three damper settings – ‘Sport’, ‘Normal’ and ‘Comfort’.

Posted By: Wheels Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 2nd Oct 2008 1:17pm
a like it a lot [Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 2nd Oct 2008 1:22pm
Yeah, lights look the same as the new Scirocco - looks a bit more sporty than the MkV smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 2nd Oct 2008 1:50pm
Isnt the Scirocco a Golf in disguise anyway?

Maybe they made the scirocco, to see if the new Golf would be good or not....used as a practice model or something??
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 2nd Oct 2008 1:54pm
yes Though the Scirocco is more sleak than the golf - but they are built on the same chassis smile
Posted By: Dave100e Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 12th Oct 2008 5:31pm
Why do VAG make all their cars look the same? I understand platform sharing but i dont see why they have to look the same.

The only one that really looks different is the SEAT's but you can still sort of tell theyre in the family. At least GM and Ford look different.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 1:42pm
TBH I think all maufactures are in the same boat.

A Fiesta looks like a small Focus, which looks like a lowered C-Max, which looks like a small Mondeo on stilts, which looks like a lowered S-Max....

The Corsa looks like a small Astra, which looks like a small vectra etc etc
Posted By: MissGuided Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 2:31pm
My car looks like an egg box
Posted By: golfvr Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 2:42pm
You could say, why hasnt the Porsche 911 really changed since the 1960's...

Coz it was 'right' 1st time. smile

Another example:-
Jag E-Type.... legend car,,

then 30 years of tripe ,,,

then the sweet XKR,, which is very similar to the E-type.

Easy link now to the Aston Martin,they havent sharpened a Design pencil in 40 years.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 2:50pm
Originally Posted by golfvr
You could say, why hasnt the Porsche 911 really changed since the 1960's...

Coz it was 'right' 1st time. smile

Id have said it was because they where stubborn Germans, and that the 911 wasnt actually "right" until recent years - lets face it the engine is in the wrong place, but with 40+ years development, they had to get it right eventually wink
Posted By: Dave100e Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 5:38pm
Im talking about something different though. It doesnt matter that the A3, A4, A5, A6 and A8 look the same because they look great. Its just that the Scirocco is a two door golf and looks it, and the Audi A3 looks too similar to the golf GTi.

I just hope Audi keeps their current grille and doesnt use the knw VW one.

As for the 911, its always been wrong, and still is. But it doesnt matter because its character building.

And the XK is a throwback to the old E-type not a similar looking current model. I love throwback cars although im not a fan of mini's or beetles. Love the XK, S-type, SLR, Morgan Aero 8, Rover 75 V8 and other similar stuff smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 8:13pm
nice front end, crap back end.
Posted By: DavidB Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 9:55pm
Looks nice. Hate those wheels! It looks like car manufacturers are trying too hard though, it's not that different from the last one.

I challenge anyone to tell the difference between the front ends of a Vectra and an Astra, they're identical.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: MkVI Golf - GTI - 13th Oct 2008 10:00pm
my opinion its a lot better than the last gti, that things darn right ugly, i`d rather have me old cortina mk 5 than the last gti no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral