Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Pembrey - weekend just gone 13-14/9/08 - 15th Sep 2008 2:51pm
No pics just yet...

But what a weekend!! For the first time ever there was sunshine, all weekend, on the welsh rivera raftl

Had a decent qualifying session on Saturday, with some good results from the changes Ive made to the wheels and cambers with the kit I fitted. Generally im 3-4 secs a lap behind my friend in his Civic, and within a few 10ths of my mate in the CRX, however....

This changes ment the car was 1.5-2 secs slower than the Civic, and 1.5secs ahead of the CRX which Im quite happy about.

Qualified 10th out of 15 for the first race, and finished 9th, then started 9th for the second race, and finished 8th. Both races I was also 2nd in class.

As each race went on I also put in faster and faster times consistantly. My fastest laps where in the last couple of laps, and I ended up 1 sec faster at the end of the 2nd race, than the time I qualified in grin

Really loved the track, and the suspension chenages have made the car more predictable and easier to steer on the throttle to get a good neutral balance through the corners, and I had a pretty good dice with an E30 M3 for a couple of laps before I got my head down and put in some decent laps smile

Only had one slight problem over the weekend - I cracked the down pipe, which I suspect was down to me getting the car up on 2 wheels over a kerb on a medium right hander. Had to strip the exhaust off between races, and weld the crack up.

As soon as I find some pics - if any, Ill slap 'em up grin

....Silverstone next - last race of the season...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Pembrey - weekend just gone 13-14/9/08 - 15th Sep 2008 5:34pm
would that be the crack i pointed out to you, then offered to sell you my blitz nur spec one chewy.......... bet you wished you'd bout it now, along with the strut brace wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Pembrey - weekend just gone 13-14/9/08 - 15th Sep 2008 7:52pm
raftl No the crack was on the top of the pipe where it goes 2-1 and only visable from under the car wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral