Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Ferrari Voice Engine Concerns - 26th Aug 2008 5:15pm
Ferrari say they were worried about Kimi Raikkonen's engine before it blew up in Sunday's European Grand Prix.

The defending world champion's race ended on lap 46, leaving him 13 points adrift in the drivers' standings.

But Ferrari say they had to take a calculated gamble, as any change of engine would have forced Raikkonen to start well down the grid.

"The engineers were aware of a potential risk with Kimi's engine," Ferrari said on their website.

"Changing the engine on Kimi's car would have seen him start from far down the grid at a track where it appeared that overtaking was impossible.

"(It proves) it's not enough to bring Formula One to a street circuit in a fantastic location to produce spectacular racing."

BBC Sport Report

F1 teams have been really screwed over since they had to become more reliabale. Well I say that, but really I mean Ferrari. Its only a matter of time before others start feeling the strain Im sure, but for someone at the top of the Racing Ladder, blowing engines isnt really acceptable
Posted By: mike849 Re: Ferrari Voice Engine Concerns - 26th Aug 2008 5:17pm
it just wasnt raikkonens day hope that pit crew member is ok! looked painful
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Ferrari Voice Engine Concerns - 26th Aug 2008 5:18pm
Yea, looked like he really cracked his head on his rear wing, as well as being dragged and crushed by the wheel.

I think Ferrari need to scrap that automated pit system, it does noone any favours
Posted By: mike849 Re: Ferrari Voice Engine Concerns - 26th Aug 2008 5:20pm
i know looks well dodgy could of cost them massa too if he didnt avoid the force india car
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Ferrari Voice Engine Concerns - 3rd Sep 2008 5:30pm
Ferrari cant build reliable engines, they never have. Back in the days when everyone built an engine to last the race and the in lap they blew up then too. They had periods they didnt but normally they would at some point.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral