Forums
Posted By: Macca GSI Weres best to get wheels painted - 26th Jul 2008 3:53pm
Am after changing the colour of my wheels any one had agood job done by any local body shops.

cheers
Posted By: jonny boy Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 26th Jul 2008 4:17pm
i've literally just finished rattle-can painting my scabby vtr wheels, nice sand down get all the crud and laquer off, couple of coats of primer, and few of top coat... job done smile

otherwise, personally i'd give powder coating a try, you'd be suprised at how cheap it is to gte done, and you get a good finish tooooooo smile
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 26th Jul 2008 6:36pm
theres aplace in eport that do it for £35-40 awheel but i though it would get damaged when refittin and removing tyres. Am after gettin me 18" oz prodrive alloys painted.
Posted By: Brocks Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 26th Jul 2008 7:04pm
Wheel warriors in Chester near the grey hound park. They did such a good job on one wheel I decided to get another one done even though it was a spare!!
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 27th Jul 2008 9:00am
just had mine powder coated £25 a wheel or £35 a wheel if they need blasting first
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 27th Jul 2008 11:19am
Originally Posted by chris bmw M3
just had mine powder coated £25 a wheel or £35 a wheel if they need blasting first

did it get marked when u put your tyre on?
Posted By: chris bmw M3 Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 28th Jul 2008 6:24am
No its much much tougher than ordinary paint
Posted By: DavidB Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 29th Jul 2008 5:16pm
powder coating is really tough!
Posted By: Dave100e Re: Weres best to get wheels painted - 9th Aug 2008 5:45pm
If your willing to put the effort in rattle can it. I painted 2 alleycats gold in the centre. All i did was get the crap off, get them rough, throw 2 or 3 layers of primer on, leave it over night. Clean the primer and very slightly roughen it up paint with 3 or more layers. Leave overnight then clean up and throw a layer or two of laquer on. Came out well and im made up. Not perfect or as good as powdercoating or a proffesional job but not that bad. Cost me about £15 in rattle cans and masking tape.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral