Forums
Posted By: MGCraig AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 18th Jul 2008 10:56am
The Problems Never stop..

Picked up a Puncture Yesterday, unknowingly. Turns out its a Pop Rivet !!!

£50 Replacement tyre, and there are ONLY 2 OF THE SAME tyre left on the country (Discontinued)

So I can either
a). Wait till Wednesday to have the same tyre put on
b). Wait till Monday to have a newer Version of the Falkens put on

And now Im off to work, in a Fecking Mood. Nice...

Dont come into the Coop Today, Just a warning...
Posted By: Pomp Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 18th Jul 2008 1:31pm
Can it not be repaired?

Had a few punctures in the past with the 206 an it was repaired with no problems, just like brand new lol.
Go into a tyre repair garage and see what they say unless its that bad you need a new tyre.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 19th Jul 2008 12:32am
what size tyres are they? i have a 2 goodyear f1 here is 195/50/15 if it's the right size for you, tread will be ok for a month or 2. free just need it to be taken off the rims
Posted By: hoseman Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 19th Jul 2008 7:27am
Have them all the time matey. Drive a Sprinter van and always getting nails, steel etc in the treads off site.
The probs with puncture repairs is now governed bu health and safety!!!! (fookers get everywhere!!)
Depending on the puncture location in the tread and the size of the hole left. I used to work in Kwik Fit years ago and we were told to just sell the customer a new tyre and blag the damage on the old. Even had one lad go onto Woodchurch road on a quiet spell and drop small nails into the road!!! BAD DAYS!!
There are some products out there, that are sprayed into the tyre thru the valve, that when activated by a puncture will seal the hole up tp 10mm diamiter! Forget the name tho, but shouldnt be hard to trace. Its not a foam, its liquid, acts like Radweld does in your cooling system.
Posted By: jonah Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 19th Jul 2008 10:04am
yeh but i was told that stuff fooks the tyres and is only an emergency to get u home..... so they then have to be replaced any way
Posted By: MGCraig Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 19th Jul 2008 11:07am
Yea, Ive been told all that anti puncture stuff isnt really the best method to use etc..

Im on 195/45/15s Mate.

Ive calmd down a bit now, but justs eein the car with 3 nice ones..and a shitty wheel....makes me sad frown

Never mind., itll be done by Monday..
Posted By: jonah Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 19th Jul 2008 12:17pm
whoop whoop !!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: AAAAAHHHHHH.... - 26th Jul 2008 10:29am
Got a steelie on mine, it's off a Carlton, so is too wide so I've had to pull the arch out a bit. Car looks a total sodding mess.

I used to work in a steel fabricators, the amount of steel spiral shards got everywhere, and I went through a load of tyres in a year.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral