Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:07pm
I wanna try and enchance the look of my car, and I think a Nice set of Xenon Bulbs will help. Nice crisp White light, compared to the ugly dirty Yellow normal Halogen ones produce.

Anyone any Ideas on sizes (universal etc), or which product to buy. I dont want the chav lights you see, with blue, green or red...just a normal White xenon you get on newer cars
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:22pm
Ive got the phillips xtreme bulbs...they arent cheap..about 30 quid for a set..but autoexpress rated them the best bulbs out there by far...they made a HUGE difference to the already good audi lights...compared to the proper xenons on the works cars..theres v little difference
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:24pm
How many dya get in a set?

Do they cover main lights and sidelights?
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:31pm
They only do the mainheadlight..mine are h7 bulbs...99.9%of cars out there are either H4 or H7..i dont know the difference other than just the fitment
I think they only do the main beam...but im not exactly sure as my headlights are a bit mad TBH
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:35pm
buy a hid kit bud ! i'll explane it to you at the meet next week !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:43pm
Are HID kits legal though? Ive heard people say they dont always get through an MOT??

Possibly internet "fear stories" though?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:51pm
6 of one half a dosen of the other bud, i've sent countless cars through mot's with them on, never had a prob, its a dark area at the mo !
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 4:59pm
I did look at HID kits tbh.

Only prob I have, is being a student, and not having my job back yet frown

Halfords is a Joke though, no-one knew anything as they were all 16 year old part time people, and the "Self Help Books" seem to ignore the fact that Micras are cars.

£18.99 for a single bulb tho !!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 6:50pm
Xenons made no difference whatsoever to mine.

Get a HID kit, well worth it.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Xenon Bulbs ?? - 5th Jun 2008 9:01pm
Xenons made quite a lot of difference in my car.

Its just the cost of the bulbs. Like you said craig £18.99 for one bulb

I got my set as a kit off ebay for about £20.00, which included Sidelights, Headlights, Main beam, and fog lights.

8 bulbs for £20.00

But you have to look hard for these kits
© Wirral-Wikiwirral